Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 and Motorola...what's the score?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hey lads...one of the main reasons I signed up with o2 years ago was because they had Motorola phones. Does anyone know why they stopped selling em? It seems NO Irish mobile phone company deals with Motorola phones anymore :( Why???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Motorola dont sell phones in Europe anymore to operators (yet), the Milestone was only sold via online stores like expansys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

They lost favour over here sometime after the V3XX which was pretty much their last successful phone on this side of the Atlantic. They seem to be planning a big comeback in the way of Android though.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Interesting stuff lads. I've always loved Motorola.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

billbond4 wrote: »
    Motorola dont sell phones in Europe anymore to operators (yet), the Milestone was only sold via online stores like expansys

All UK operators offer Moto phones, as does o2 in most of Europe, WIND in France, and plenty others.

Moto phones all but died out after the razor due to s/hitness, but their android ones are bringing the company back to life.

There's a good chance o2 Ireland might bring Moto's droid2 world edition or EU droid X once they become available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I'm gagging to get a V9.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

This post has been deleted.

same...when i was younger i had the Vxxx something flip phone...such an awkward phone to use...though since they would have android on it might change things :) their droids are nice :)

Advertisement