Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the world gone mad???

Options
  • 24-08-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Got an email from DoneDeal today. They're taking down an ad for a scope I put up for sale. They're unable to post ads for guns or related equipment as part of they're firearms and weapons policy. I suppose if I was to throw my big bad dangerous scope at someone it might technically qualify as a weapon.
    So I've checked again and currently there are ads for gun safes, scopes & gunbags on they're site. Now I'm sure these qualify as "related equipment." Hypocrisy or political correctness gone insane???
    Anyone else get such messages?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Post it for sale on here :) A lot of the online shooting community will see it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

was there a thread here saying they would stop letting people advertise hunting dogs on done deal up awhile ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

johngalway wrote: »
    Post it for sale on here :) A lot of the online shooting community will see it that way.

Not too worried bout selling it john. Was only a cheap AGS, not a "super dooper laser guided, infra red heat seeking sniper scope." Its just their reason for doing what they did has me wound up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Ya can still put it up here for free, and gets to a bigger shooting community as John said than "Donedeal". Be a handy few pound for ammo or something;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Going the Ebay and Paypal route then...:rolleyes:
    Email them back stating that as a gunowner you will not use their service again and inform,which you have done ,the Irish shooting community of donedeal.ie anti gun policy,and will suggest that any gunowner boycotts donedeal.ie website for buying or selling non shooting or gun related items.Enough emails from us gunowners to donedeal.ie on this subject might soon change their minds.

A happy customer tells ten people,an unhappy one a hundred,a peed off one with the internet tells the World these days.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

lefthooker wrote: »
    Not too worried bout selling it john. Was only a cheap AGS, not a "super dooper laser guided, infra red heat seeking sniper scope." Its just their reason for doing what they did has me wound up a bit

Completely understand :) As Bazza said there was a thread here about DD before. I believe, from foggy recollection, they banned or tried to ban the sale of working hunting dogs. I forget now how it turned out. They don't appear to be the most well disposed outfit towards what we do. Even Ebay allows the sale of scopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

OP did they at least give you a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

They mailed me a voucher Jonty, to place another ad for free.
    Wishful thinking is what I thought at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You are entitled to your money back,if you dont want a voucher.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bencherman

lefthooker wrote: »
    Got an email from DoneDeal today. They're taking down an ad for a scope I put up for sale. They're unable to post ads for guns or related equipment as part of they're firearms and weapons policy. I suppose if I was to throw my big bad dangerous scope at someone it might technically qualify as a weapon.
    So I've checked again and currently there are ads for gun safes, scopes & gunbags on they're site. Now I'm sure these qualify as "related equipment." Hypocrisy or political correctness gone insane???
    Anyone else get such messages?

Well this ad is on done deal today lol so cudn be further from the truth...22 air rifle http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/others/1520796

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

they do a half assed job of controlling whats posted on there if they wont let you sell a scope but you can sell a rifle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

sent an email questioning their policies ,last night
    haven heard a thing back from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭lamper35

endasmail wrote: »
    sent an email questioning their policies ,last night
    haven heard a thing back from them

U never will when there in the wrong....

Advertisement