Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer wanted, male or female, alt/industrial/rock music

Options
  • 24-08-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just in the process of putting a new band together and we're looking for a singer, open to the idea of a male or female singer as both could work equally well with these tracks. Influences include (but not limited to) Nine Inch Nails, How to Destroy Angels, Black Light Burns, Deftones, A Perfect Circle

If you're not familiar with those bands dont worry, we're just concerned with finding somebody up to the job. If it helps these would be good examples of where we're hoping to go musically...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQEd7qzpEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pSaniGevTQ

We're all mid to late 20's with tons of experience both live and in the studio and have quite high end equipment as we're aiming for quite a pro sound. We're based in Dublin and will be rehearsing in the city centre.

The band is still in its early stages so no myspace or anything yet, plenty of work in progress demos recorded though so drop me a message on here or email dave@becomingproductions.net and I can forward on some demos.

If Im leaving out any details just ask away.

Cheers,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yermin

Hi,

Well, thanks for those videos, I've never heard either of those bands before. I didn't know trent reznor had any other bands going, and I really liked that song. I'm a big fan of a perfect cirlce too. I don't have any recordings of my voice online to show you, but I'm certainly interested in this. I think I'd be up to the job. So, are you perhaps having any auditions or anything like that??

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Just giving this a bit of a bump.

We've had some replies already but can I ask, if anybody else is interested can you send me some kind of example of you singing, either pm me on here or email the address above. It can be a dodgy dictaphone recording, youtube link, anything really. We just want to hear what kind of voice you have before getting you down to the studio, just saves time all around.

Theres a demo up here up that helps...

http://soundcloud.com/stations

Cheers,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Midnight organ

pm sent!

Up ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Splinters wrote: »
    Just giving this a bit of a bump.

We've had some replies already but can I ask, if anybody else is interested can you send me some kind of example of you singing, either pm me on here or email the address above. It can be a dodgy dictaphone recording, youtube link, anything really. We just want to hear what kind of voice you have before getting you down to the studio, just saves time all around.

Hi,

Just a suggestion, maybe it would be a better idea to ask potential singers to download the track from your soundcloud account, record a vocal demo over it, and send it back?
    Its just that in my experience even singers with decent voices can just not "gel" to certain sounds. Nothing against either party, it just happens.

Anyways, I like the sound you've got going. Very cool! :cool:

• Advertisement

Cheers, yeah that would be ideal but not always possible. Finding a singer is tough enough as it is so I dont want to narrow it down too much to people who have the equipment and know how to overlay their vocals on an existing recording. Thats why we're keeping it open to anything at all, dictaphone recordings, youtube videos etc. Just so long as we can get an idea of what the person is like before getting them down to the studio.

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cyrus K Blakes

Hello I know it's a bit late but I was browsing the web and found some of your stuff, any chance I could download one of your songs and show you what I can do?

Advertisement