Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAT NAV HELP!!!

Options
  • 24-08-2010 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I'm in deep doo-doo. Long story short i was installing maps on a friends Garmin 255 sat nav and i deleted alot of the files to make room for them without thinkin. now with the maps on i cant access them. i need help an not people makin fun of me for doing somethin stupid.

I was adding new maps and now ithe sat nav shows no maps, not even the built in ones.

I put the new maps on a micro SD card but that was after i deleted most of the info on the sat nav thinkin i could make room!!

How can i get the sat nav to work again. all i keep gettin is an error screen saying No Detailed maps fount that support routing.

I also cant go into settings>maps and press map info because the map info button isnt there to push.

When i open the files of the sat nav on my comp. all thats in der is:
    Garmin>Diag,GPX,GarminDevice,mt.nvm

Reports>scores

That's all thats der. how can i replace what i have deleted!!

I need serious help here guys!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

...You might get lucky by either resetting the sat nav to its factory settings, or by updating the device through Garmin's maps.

How do I perform a master reset on my nuvi 200, 205, 465, 500, 600, 700, 705 or 1000 series device?

Garmin | Map Updates

But from what I understand (read: Googled) you're most likely going to have to replace the files that you've deleted. Unfortunately this means finding someone that can provide you with copies of the files you deleted.

Garmin Support might be able to help you out with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,967 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im not sure that deleting files off a flash drive is quite like deleting them off of a hard drive: those files are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I think you'll be okay.
    I believe the Garmin has a "bootloader" which lets you perform updates, and I don't think you can delete that easily.

Try
    a) connecting the Garmin to your PC. If you can still see it appearing as a device on your PC, then that's a very good sign.

b) download the Garmin update software LINKY

That should allow you to update your Garmin unit, probably to a better/later version of the software.

* NB : Ensure that you have Garmin unit fully charged before you do this.

As you have to disconnect the unit and let it restart to finish updating and you do not want the unit to run out of battery power during this.
    You may need to reset the device after this.

NOTE : You will lose all your saved locations/settings when doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

I fixed it!!!! YEEESS!!!

All i did was update the device using webupdater. Also i installed a much smaller map pack.

Thanks so much for the help guys, Much appreciated!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement