Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reset house alarm

Options
  • 24-08-2010 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi all

serious question... there's a house alarm in my house that neither i nor the previous owner have ever known the code for... enquiries have shown that the company who installed the alarm have since closed down....

i'd like to be able to reset the code but at the cheapest price possible... i was enquiring with colt alarms and they were indicating that it'd be a minimum of €100 which seemed very steep... if anyone has any thoughts on how it can be reset at a much more reasonable price, or even if they knew anyone who could do this, i'd really appreciate this,

cheers x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

or even if they knew anyone who could do this

Colt alarms:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭qwerty2010

Colt alarms:rolleyes:

thanks but as specified in my post i asked for someone who could do it at a more reasonable price than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Just a wee joke,although some on here wouldnt have them joke kinda things going on:)
    I will ask around tomorrow and if i find anything out i will post,there is also a tech board on here,maybe ask the question there!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Just a wee joke,although some on here wouldnt have them joke kinda things going on:)
    I will ask around tomorrow and if i find anything out i will post,there is also a tech board on here,maybe ask the question there!

aw thanks, sorry i kinda knew it was a joke but just very tired lol. i reallly appreciate your help. would gladly pay someone if they could come down and do it. it's playing up a bit so do need to get it sorted, and know the code.

i'm not trying to be a cheapskate i just really don't have €100 to spare for something so simple, and from what i'm reading on the internet: 'Alarm companies make their money by providing monthly monitoring services for homeowners. As a result, they are not usually interested in helping out a homeowner who has no intention of buying their services.'

there are ways on the internet that might explain it but i'm not very technically minded. will have a nosey and may post on the tec forum tomorrow. thanks again for your help. cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote: »

thanks. have already read those and most of what is online and unfortunatley the first one requires the installation manual or the engineers code, and the second is specific to a c&k securitech alarm c031 164.01 alarm.

i have found www. alarms help .com and emailed them to see if they might be able to help.

i currently have tenants in the house and am not there myself, and also i'm not very technical, so ideally i could pay someone to come down and do it for us, just not for €100...

just giving this another shot... anyone in dundalk able to take on this job?

Advertisement