Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limericks Gay Pride Officially Launches!

• 24-08-2010 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just letting everyone know, Limericks Gay Pride 2010 has officially began, with the Press Launch tonight in the Absolute Hotel.

Going to be an interesting week, with the Prade on saturday starting at 1pm at city hall.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Whats the major events for it? or is there a website... these can often be good fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Shot come SOME footage for this for a friend last year when I was living in a city centre apt, might take a wander into town on Sat for it, its usually a laugh

edit: Freudian slip :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

krudler wrote: »
    Shot come footage

HaHaHaHa!!!

How about we organise a straight pride parade? I'm straight and I'm damn proud of it! No one's going to stop me being straight! :D

seriously though, nice to have something happening in the city

HaHaHaHa!!!

How about we organise a straight pride parade? I'm straight and I'm damn proud of it! No one's going to stop me being straight! :D

seriously though, nice to have something happening in the city

Tis, although I was amazed there werent drove of scummers out giving abuse to people marching in the parade last year, at least none that I saw from where I was.

Straight parade wouldnt work, too hard to make up a rhyme "we're here!, we're straight!...errr, thats about it, go about your business!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Has it been a year already? The rainbow flags on the bridges last year really brightened up the place. Hope it goes well for all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Tis, although I was amazed there werent drove of scummers out giving abuse to people marching in the parade last year, at least none that I saw from where I was.

Straight parade wouldnt work, too hard to make up a rhyme "we're here!, we're straight!...errr, thats about it, go about your business!"

Eh? We're here, we're straight, we don't do it before marriage, we wait

Roadend wrote: »

mar....raige?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Roadend wrote: »

But that would imply all the straight people remain virgins until married, rather than just stating that we're straight and quite ok with that. :)

This is the perfect opportunity for the lyricists of Limerick to come up with a non offensive but point-making chant for the straights out there. It's about time we had a good chant about it all. We've been ignored for too long :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

As far as I know, Pride events are supposed to be open to all people, be they gay, lesbian, straight, bisexual or curious. I've never heard of any "straight pride" chants though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

In fairness though, its nice to see how the generall population of limerick has matured! The old slogan of "we're here, we're queer, get used to it" is long dead at this stage, we're not only used to it we bloody well welcome anything up beat in the city! (as long as there's a bbq of coarse):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

But that would imply all the straight people remain virgins until married,

You mean we they don't :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Altogether now...

"We're straight, its great, if you can't get a ride just masturbate." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I was amazed there werent drove of scummers out giving abuse to people marching in the parade last year

I was jogging over Matthew Bridge there a few years back one Sat morning and next thing the parade (well, the lead vintage car) goes past with horn beeping. "Keep it down" shouts my mate, in jest. Well - the volley of abuse we got back. You could see they had their backs up waiting for adversity. They must have been disappointed with it all.

As far as I know, Pride events are supposed to be open to all people, be they gay, lesbian, straight, bisexual or curious.

Very true, I'm 100% Straight and I'm taking part in some of the events, just for the fun really, but also because it gives you a different view on things - (Not that it should if society wouldn't stigma them).

Like I've 2 friends who are gay, and all year we have all been hyped up about marching in the parade with them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

RonMexico wrote: »
    Altogether now...

never heard that one before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

RonMexico wrote: »
    Altogether now...

Quite catchy actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Some cool events lined up for this. Hope it really goes down a storm this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I hope for ye good people of limerick that ye escape the presence of that guy from the I Love Limerick youtube videos...

I hope for ye good people of limerick that ye escape the presence of that guy from the I Love Limerick youtube videos...

Which guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

The I-am-full-of-meself man... (and a little bit more)
    that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gI4PG-kYFo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ah he is gas to watch walking around town. Never seen a man look at his own reflection as much as he does and the head is constantly turning as if expecting people to be waving at him.:D

Have been in his company a number of times and although he is best served in small doses, he is a pretty harmless sort. I would prefer to have to put up with hundred of him on the streets than any one scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

PRIDE .... Wellness Recovery Action Plan(WRAP) Mental Health Awareness workshop
    W.R.A.P. (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) Mental Health Awareness Workshop

WRAP is a framework or a tool to help us to achieve and maintain wellness and gain more control over our lives and the way we feel.

It is designed to help us identify what works and what doesn't work and how we can get better at staying well.

WRAP has been found to work well for people who have mental, emotional or medical conditions and life issues and as a framework to guide interpersonal
    relationships, peer-support, groups, agencies, and organizations.

Further information on this event is available by mailing Liam at
    lminogue@hotmail.com or go here to find out more www.mental-health-recovery.net

Workshop is being held at the Absolute Hotel september 8th , 7.30pm - 9pm

All welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

Hope you all have a great Pride would love to make it up to Limerick for some of the events.
    There was a great buzz around the city last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

PRIDE .... Wellness Recovery Action Plan(WRAP) Mental Health Awareness workshop
    W.R.A.P. (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) Mental Health Awareness Workshop

WRAP is a framework or a tool to help us to achieve and maintain wellness and gain more control over our lives and the way we feel.

It is designed to help us identify what works and what doesn't work and how we can get better at staying well.

WRAP has been found to work well for people who have mental, emotional or medical conditions and life issues and as a framework to guide interpersonal
    relationships, peer-support, groups, agencies, and organizations.

Further information on this event is available by mailing Liam at
    lminogue@hotmail.com or go here to find out more www.mental-health-recovery.net

Workshop is being held at the Absolute Hotel september 8th , 7.30pm - 9pm

All welcome

I couldn't see this as an official Pride event on the brochure, is it?

While I can see the benefits of peer support and developing tools to deal with mental health issues. I'm just wondering how that would work as a workshop for Pride?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

The event is listed on their website and is being supported by Red Ribbon.
    Mental health difficulties effect all members of society and the gay community are no different.
    Due to intollerance by society and the challenges of life many members of the gay community experience psychological /emotional difficulties and like a large number of our population can often be reluctant to seek help.
    Creating mental Health Awareness is of the upmost importance and we see Pride as a perfect opportunity to introduce awareness within the community. Mental Health difficulties know no boundaries and awareness and early intervention is very important for someone who experiences these difficulties.

Oh I Would also like to ask, that if they could, Could they support the gay pride in any fundraising events they do, as its in aid of Red Ribbon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Only Hope the weather is ok for the Parade on Sat!
    More details http://limerickpride.ie

IMGP5907.JPG

IMGP5894.JPG

IMGP6194.JPG

IMGP6179.JPG

IMGP6202.JPG

Advertisement