Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Qualification in Australia.

Options
  • 24-08-2010 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I was in Australia on hols earlier this year and loved it so now I'm thinking of going over on a skilled migrant visa. I'm a qualified ACCA accountant for past 2 years and while looking at the visa requirements it says I need to get my qualification assessed by a recognised accountancy body in australia. i thought ACCA was recognised in australia automatically but obviously not.

Has anyone done this and if so is it a hard process? Secondly is there many accounting jobs in australia at the min? Really appreciate any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Try getting a company to sponsor you for temporary residency, then once over here you can work on getting permanent residency, it can take up to 18 months. Accountants are in demand so you might get a job from Ireland.

Advertisement