Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple - advice

Options
  • 24-08-2010 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

What a thread title >_<

So I've had lefty pierced for about 3 years.

Went out tonight and came home to find it's a bit 'gooey' and on one side it seems to have swelled out along the bar, around which it looks a little like a blood blister. It also bled a little when I moved it :/

Just wondering if anyone has had similar happen to them or has any advice please?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Ok Jen, a number of possibles. Lets start with the basics, have you bought a new bra (sorry just assuming female, hope to god I'm right) or changed detergents? Have you changed shower gels/body wash etc? It sounds, especially after 3 years, like an allergic reaction, unless of course you (or somebody else) have manhandled or, and this is the biggest cause of nipple infection, nibbled on it. Mouths = bacteria= infection.
    Assuming no change in products or nicks/cuts in the nipple, you're not pregnant or having irregular or heavy periods( yes, sounds crazy but they are linked) then its time to see a doc, as the only other possibility I can think of is plain ol' run down. If however it is one of the above then treat your nipple as if it were freshly pierced and clean well. Stop whatever product caused the reaction, try an anti hystamine tablet and dab the piercing with dilute lavender oil, I usually recommend 5% in almond carrier.
    Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Firstly thanks so much for the seriously comprehensive response!

I think it's probably the case that it's gotten caught in new bra which, in my wisdom, seems to have a vertical slit on the inside positioned just to cause such hassle *sigh*

It's going down but a bit gooey still so I'll take your 'new piercing' advice and hope for the best!

Advertisement