Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot towel shave in Dublin

Options
  • 24-08-2010 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, don't kill me.
    I did search but could not find a thread more recent then 2009. It may have been discussed recently but I couldn't find it.

Man, I need a treat! :D
    And this is something I've wanted to do for years but never did.

Any recommendations?
    I'd like to go to an old skool place.
    Not some one man shop where if I ask after my haircut he'll silently curse me as he has other paying customers waiting and then I get a rush job.

All advice welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Give the Waldorf on Westmoreland St a bash o.p.
    Proper old school barber there.
    Not the cheapest mind, maybe €35 for haircut and shave.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I'd give the Waldorf a huge thumbs up. Used them several times over the years and I've always been very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Check out the current deal at http://www.boardsdeals.ie/ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I think there's a place at the top of Rathmines that does it, I can't remember if it's the barber off the side street near Slatterys and the butcher or a place beside Graces pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

fontanalis wrote: »
    I think there's a place at the top of Rathmines that does it, I can't remember if it's the barber off the side street near Slatterys and the butcher or a place beside Graces pub.

Doran's Barber Shop is the name of the place. It's on Castlewood Avenue about 3 doors up from the snooker hall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I wouldn't bother TBH. I had it done before in one of the places mentioned above and just got a rash. Other people I know report the same thing. If you want a really good shave then just get a fresh mach-3 turbo, some oil and proper shaving cream and brush-nobody knows your face better than yourself.
    The experience itself is probably the opposite of relaxing-every loud noise or person walking near the barber will have you shitting your pants that he'll be startled or nudged. Do you really want a stranger holding a cut-throat razor at your open neck?

Advertisement