Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5 to €600 in 3 "easy" steps!

Options
  • 24-08-2010 3:57am
    Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

Going to set myself a little challenge. (As seen elsewhere and I like the idea!) I'll do it as many times as I need to get to €600.

The aim is to do three multiples in a row.

All rough odds, doesn't have to be 5/1 exactly, I'll do 4/1 for stage one etc etc.

€5 x 5/1 = €30

€30 x 4/1 = €150

€150 x 3/1 = €600.

Sounds easy. :pac:

I'll be starting out with 6 banks to start, all going on bets around the 5/1 mark in multiples or whatever add up to the target odds. If I get one of the banks past stage one all of the money goes into stage two, and so on.

It's only for fun so I'm not worried about losing the €150 should I get onto stage 3! I'll keep going until I get it and if I do I'll keep going too. :pac:

All 6 €5 banks used today in the Carling Cup games. Only a €30 outlay and if one wins I'll have my money back for the next step, low risk and much fun!

Wish me luck!

Bank 1 -

Tranmere vs Swansea
    Bradford vs Hull

€5 @ 5.28 (WillHill)

Bank 2 -

Southampton vs Bolton
    Scunthorpe vs Sheff Wed

€5 @ 5.76 (VC)

Bank 3 -

Crewe v Ipswich
    MK Dons v Blackpool

€5 @ 5.24 (Betfred)

Bank 4 -

Stoke v Shrewsbury
    Morecambe v Burnley
    Wolverhampton v Southend
    Sunderland v Colchester
    Blackburn v Norwich

€5 @ 8.48 (Betfred)

Bank 5 -

Peterborough v Cardiff
    Portsmouth v Crystal Palace

€5 @ 7.88 (Ladbrokes)

Bank 6 -

Leeds v Leicester - Draw
    Watford v Notts County

€5 @ 6.22 (Stan James)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nice idea, and unlike the thread on the main forum you're giving yourself 6 options unlike his 1, good luck, tempted to follow if I have a few horse winners tomorrow (not sweet secret anyway :D)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers dude, hopefully it doesn't go tits up. :pac: Carling Cup isn't the best job for it either but it's just a little bit of fun and who knows, could do well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

good luck this could get interesting :D

Cheers Jive.

At €5 per starting bet I only need to hit every 120 times to break even in the long run, I reckon I could do it with every 60 banks at most, thus making €300 profit every 60 banks. :pac: Would take quite a while but could be interesting in the long run if it doesn't get tedious, but I rarely get bored so I'll keep at it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Best of luck
    Good idea and gives u an interest in the carling cup

• Advertisement

Cheers Iggy, here's hoping. It's for all football though, these banks are just for the Carling Cup for stage one. I'll back on any football in the next round, if I'm lucky enough to get there.

I made the mistake of using bigger stakes in the CC before so at least this will provide a nights entertainment for €30 and if I can't hit at least once today then there's something wrong with me!

x PyRo wrote: »
    Bank 2 -

Southampton vs Bolton
    Scunthorpe vs Sheff Wed

€5 @ 5.76 (VC)

Only winner. Thanks Wolves.

Returns : €28.80c

It'll be used at the weekend, nothing I fancy tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Interesting idea to keep you entertained. And might make a nice tidy little profit along the way. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bumder

Hi Pyro, interesting idea indeed but I was thinking seeing as you only had 1 winner out of the 6 would it be better to reinvest that 30e and start again and only procced to stage two when you have a better chance of winning ie,3 out of 6 winners or something? Eventually you're luck would have to come in and you would have lost nothing in the meantime...

Cheers for the input mate, makes sense but I'd prefer to take the risk and keep going! Only small stakes for fun so no harm if it loses.

Lille v FC Vaslui
    Tavria v Bayer Leverkusen
    AEK Athens v Dundee Utd
    Manchester City v Poli Timisoara
    TNS v CSKA Sofia

€28.80c @5.7 (Coral)

• Advertisement

AEK let me down.

Restarting at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

AEK let me down.

Restarting at the weekend.

I love all this craic, low risk, great entertainment.

I'm thinking of starting up a new thread in the coming weeks (going travelling for a few weeks in Sept, so maybe after then). Start off with €50 or €100, and find a bet of the day at odds around 1.20 - 1.30 and try to compound it for a full month.

€50 compounded at 1.20 for 30 days = €11,868
    €100 compounded at 1.20 for 30 days = €23,737

:D Fall flat on my face once a month!

Cheers dude, it's perfect for me, I love these little bets and the enjoyment I get for a couple of hours for decent returns. Couldn't bate it was a stick. :pac:

Good plan there, tough to do but it's low enough risk and if it paid off it'd be brilliant. Enjoy the travelling man. :D

4 Banks for this weekend..

Balance : -€30

Weekend Bets:

Bank 1 -

Blackpool vs Fulham
    Wolves vs Newcastle

€5 @ 5.75 (VC)

Bank 2 -

Bolton vs Birmingham
    Spurs vs Wigan
    Sunderland vs Man City
    Liverpool vs West Brom

€5 @ 6.78 (Betfred)

Bank 3 -

Milwall vs Coventry
    Leicester vs Reading
    Doncaster vs Hull

€5 @ 9.88 (SkyBet) - Higher than the odds required but way overpriced IMO.

Bank 4 -

Brighton vs Walsall
    Bristol Rovers vs Southampton

€5 @ 6.3 (Bet365)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Sounds like a great idea lads

Low risk/high return (maybe)

Bank 3 -

Milwall vs Coventry
    Leicester vs Reading
    Doncaster vs Hull

€5 @ 9.88 (SkyBet) - Higher than the odds required but way overpriced IMO.

Last one standing, C'mon Leicester!

Advertisement