Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please HELP!!!!

Options
  • 24-08-2010 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

im really in need with some help/advice please!! my 3 and half month pup, which we have had for 5weeks now, is still crying at night when we go to bed, also wakes up at around 2 or 3 and is crying!! he then wakes again at 6/6:30 this is different every night. Never experienced this with any previous dog!! any advice on what to do???
    just to add he is in a create which he like, and also has a broken leg so cant leave him for to long as the fear of him going to the toilet in his create!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Crying when left alone is normal - have you tried leaving something smelling of you with him (worn jumper or something similar) to help him sleep?

The two wakenings really sound like he is waking to go to the toilet - he's only a baby (14ish weeks) and still has very little bladder/bowel control. Try letting him out to go to the toilet when he wakes and whines. It's unfortunate and frustrating but it's just one of those things that pups do at night.

I have heard of lots of little tricks for this, one of them is to leave a jumper with a hot water bottle and a ticking clock .

I had grea success with a teddy bear a couple of years ago with my guy. He slept with a fluffy teddy of a dog. Not one problem . I would try different things and see what works. Eventually they will get used to it .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

At that age our pup was still waking up two times a night to go to the loo. Your pup probably needs the loo, if the pups crate is in another room bring it in to your room beside the bed sometimes just putting your hand down near the crate and saying it's ok will calm them down.

Our pup (still a bit of a baby even though he's just over a year old) will still wake occasionally during the night for a pee/poo.

Your pup probably isn't as tired as he normally would be because he can't race around as much so could just not be all that sleepy.

Trust me it gets easier but some pups take longer to sleep through the whole night.

What works for us is a snuggle safe heat pad they're brilliant he loves to cuddle up to it at night even if it's not cold and other one involves singing him a lullaby..dunno why it just works every time with him hehe.

Advertisement