Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Bike Maintenence class

Options
  • 24-08-2010 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Guys I’m fairly new to cycling and did Gaelforce last week the one thing that let me down other than my own fitness was my lack of basic bike maintenance knowledge. Does anyone know of anywhere in galway, mayo or westmeath that runs some even / we classes or any other ideas where I can get a grip on the basics pretty much ripped my tyres on sat replacing tubes. any ideas would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Have you tried this? biketutor.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Padraig Marrey in Westport runs bike courses over the winter that include bike maintenance. He can also give you a few tips on Gael Force:)

http://www.marreytrainingsystems.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

Thanks thats just what I want have looked thro biketutor and find it great for naming stuff reckon some hands on tutorials is where I need to start first tho'

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

On Your Bike on Prospect Hill in Galway City are supposed to be running maintenance classes. Last time I talked to them they were going to start in September but I haven't heard of anything since. Their number is 091 563393

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭tfrancer

Hartstown Community School, Dublin 15 are running Bike Maintenance Classes on Tuesday evenings this Autumn. Details at:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~hartstowncep/index.html

Tel: 01 8209863 (before 3.00 pm)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

Thanks guys for all the info. Here is an update on whats available if there is anyone out there also interested

Dublin
    Rothair (voluntary organisation) do bike maintenance class every second Saturday for half a day where you get to you basically do a service on your own bike. You can also turn up pay a very small fee and they will provide a bike stand and tools plus their expertise for you to repair/service your own bike (could be useful if you didn’t have the space or tools)

Thanks tfrancer but the Hartstown Community School, Dublin 15 course doesn’t suit as I am not based in Dublin

Galway
    Onyourbike on Prospect hill plan on having a bike maintenance class in early 2011 no info at the moment they will have it in the galway advertiser when they have the details planned out

Mayo
    Padraic Marrey courses sound great reckon Id be laughed out of it prob better to wait til jan/feb

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭lil_kev

I know is a old post but does anybody know free bike classes for beginners in Dublin? Thank you :)

Advertisement