Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord question

Options
  • 24-08-2010 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

hi folks,im renting my house now 4 years,when i moved in the kitchen units were falling down,so after a year the landord put new kitchen units in..before i moved in there had been someone renting for 8 years,in the time the landlord did not even supply na tin off paint for the house..and he still hasnt...i have done a lot off painting myself to keep the place looking ok,question is this...theres some work that needs to be done,1 there no electric shower in thge house,only the bath...ive been told that by right the landlord should make sure there an electric shower in house???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

No the landlord does not have to provide an electric shower. Minimum standards require a bath or shower.

Citizens information Minimum Standards

Have you contacted your landlord and asked about maintenance and work that needs doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭tattoo man

Cathooo wrote: »
    No the landlord does not have to provide an electric shower. Minimum standards require a bath or shower.

Citizens information Minimum Standards

Have you contacted your landlord and asked about maintenance and work that needs doing?

blind eye...he wont spend a cen on the house...like at this stage the house needs a be freshened up,apart form all the deco been from the early 1990 era the carpets up stairs and stuf need a clean badly,but no point,he cares less,and i kn ow its easy to move and stuff,but i just dont have the deposits and advance ret for newplace...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

well then your stuck.

its as simple as if you dont like the decor then move out. Time to start saving a few quid for a deposit or put up with the old decor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭tattoo man

D3PO wrote: »
    well then your stuck.

its as simple as if you dont like the decor then move out. Time to start saving a few quid for a deposit or put up with the old decor.

yeah thats it in a nut shell,quicker the better i get out,no more handing the greedy misrable F**** cash for a kip every mth...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

tattoo man wrote: »
    yeah thats it in a nut shell,quicker the better i get out,no more handing the greedy misrable F**** cash for a kip every mth...

its a renters market out there use it to your advantage :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tattoo man wrote: »
    but i just dont have the deposits and advance ret for newplace...
    How much deposit did you pay for the current place? Also, did you get much rent reduction in the last 4 years? If not, I'd say you'd be surprised on how much you could save if you moved.

Advertisement