Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOST DOG - PLEASE READ

Options
  • 24-08-2010 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

He is a small Jack Russel cross Pom, rusty coloured with a black face and big fluffy ears. His name is Wilbur although he may not come to strangers when called. He was last seen in the Dublin 8 area on Sunday 22nd August. If any one has spotted this dog or knows anything please please PM me. Family distraught just want him home safe soon as possible. He slipped his collar so has no tags but he is chipped. Any info at all or if you know someone in the area please let them know to keep an eye out for him. Here is a pic of him...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Been out and about in the area but havn't seen him.
    Hopefully you wil find him. Put up a few posters and contact the pounds as well!
    hope you find him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What part of Dublin 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Last seen around the memorial park area but because it was dark did not see if he went into the park or up the road. Have searched every inch of the park but so many ways he could have got out he could be anywhere around that area or could have gotten into Phoenix Park. Worst place ever to lose him just hope I hear something soon its been 2 days and I am still in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cjf wrote: »
    Last seen around the memorial park area but because it was dark did not see if he went into the park or up the road. Have searched every inch of the park but so many ways he could have got out he could be anywhere around that area or could have gotten into Phoenix Park. Worst place ever to lose him just hope I hear something soon its been 2 days and I am still in shock.

Have you checked the boating clubs on the opposite side to the Memorial Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

that's the freakyst thing ever i seen this dog i was coming from liffey vally there yesterday the dog was on the right hand lane heading towards town at the chapilizard bypass (think that's what its called ) at the bush's that divides the road.
    i had called the gardai incase the dog had run out causing an accident and they said that's not there job ring the ispca, so i rang them and they said ring gardai and i said i did and she said that's ridiculous hold on, had me on hold for over 15 min
    then she also said not there job to ring the dog warden as the dog was a a stray but i had no credit left at this stage but the dog in the picture is deffo that dog

just checked my phone it was at 2pm yesterday i thought it was so unusual as that stretch of road isn't even pedestrian accessible and how the dog had managed to get so far up it

• Advertisement

Which station did you ring? maybe someone else called him in too. Oh god such a dangerous place I hope some other good person called him in or nows anything just want him home please pm me or post if anyone knows anything. Even if you think you saw him please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Which station did you ring? maybe someone else called him in too. Oh god such a dangerous place I hope some other good person called him in or nows anything just want him home please pm me or post if anyone knows anything. Even if you think you saw him please

i had rang 999 as i was driving and allowed by law to ring them while driving as there was a gardai car two cars up from me i tought they could have done something but obviously not which is a shame.
    Did you try the dog warden,the girl from the ispca said it was his job to take in the dog and not there's.has there been any missing posters put up in and around the area some one surely must have stopped and took him in.
    it was only at the last min i seen him as been the size that he was just sniffing around in the long grass he had just caught my eye

Yes I have posters up and I went to the boat yards and put them there too. Rang the guards in ballyfermott so hopefully if anyone reports him they will ring in. Just so hard might go to the bypass and put up some posters there too. Just really hope he is ok and home soon.

Will take a spin around the area tomorrow and see if i can see him!

Thanks SunDew!! Got a call from someone who said they saw him at 4am this morning in the Balyfermot area. Heading out to search area now but if people in that area can keep eye out for him please amd PM me with any info or with your number and Il call you back.

Oh god fingers crossed today is the day Wilbur comes home!!

• Advertisement

I got him back!! Some kind man spotted him recognised him from a poster and called me!! He is home now a bit thin buit otherwise he is fine!! I am just so so so happy thanks for all comments and offers to help!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP, as a dog owner myself I'm trilled to bits for ya.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh I'm delighted - when I heard mention of major roads, I started to get worried.

I got him back!! Some kind man spotted him recognised him from a poster and called me!! He is home now a bit thin buit otherwise he is fine!! I am just so so so happy thanks for all comments and offers to help!! :)

Delighted to hear the good news. You must be so relieved!021.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nice one. God knows what adventures the little rascal had while he was away. Delighted to hear all ended well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I saw this in the Sunday World today!

I'm thrilled you got him back, you obviously really love him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Oh I'm so happy for you! I've been checking in here to see if there have been any updates. I'm glad he's back in his loving home. No doubt he's getting spoiled rotten at the moment, he must be delighted with himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

We've also lost our dog! She's a very old cross between a jack Russell and a Corgi. She went missing yesterday at 2PM in Ashbourne. She's brown and white and quite fox like. She's called Gypsy and wears a tan collar. We've had her for 17 years and she is a part of the family! Please phone 0868916552 if you have any info.
    We're being realistic, we realise she's very old but we'd like her back even if she's passed away. Please contact us if you know anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Sorry to hear this Bambi2 :(

You might be better off trying the Meath forum: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=946

You could post on this website too: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=946

Or here: http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Environment/Dogs-LostAndFound/

Also, have you contacted the local pounds?

I read on another thread some where else about asking your local priest to announce it at Mass and other dogs having been found that way.

She's beautiful. I really hope you find her. Keep us posted.

Please god you find her safe. Honestly my guy came back to me from a poster I has put up sometimes the traditional routes work best! I had the area plastered in them and a man out walking his dog found him! Pop them up everywhere you can and hopefully someone will find her and call you. There is nothing worse than just not knowing where they are.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement