Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to bring Cats that wont be put down

Options
  • 24-08-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

We have caught two feral kittens which were outside our house. They have been in our apartment the last few nights to let them calm down a bit but we are in no position to keep them as the landlord wont allow it.
    So we want to take them to a shelter instead of just releasing them into the wild again. But we dont want to take them anywhere that will just put them down because they are feral kittens. Any advice please? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Where are you based?
    People can recommend places in your area if they know where.
    You can look up animal shelters, they will rehome and not put them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Sorry i forgot to say, I am in North Co. Dublin. I have just heard different reports about different SPCA's so just wondered if anyone knew of anywhere that they know for sure they wont put them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

SPCA's should be fine, I got 2 cats through my local spca, they often have people fostering or their own places for cats. Give them a call and ask, but many places are overrun at the moment so you may have to try a few places.
    Sorry don't know any up there, but i'm sure someone will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

There is a cat rescue centre in Dublin; its down in Stoneybatter/ smithfield. They say that they place the kittens. They will come and take the cats, problem is that they charge quite a bit. We had four feral kittens on the garage last year; they wanted to charge something like €50 per kitten, plus (and this doesn;t apply to you) another lump sum to neuter the stray mother which we were supposed to catch.

well we have already actually managed to catch the mother cat, had her spayed and released her. I will some SPCA's and see what they say. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

We found four kittens in work, and dropped them to the SPCA and were fostered the next day.

which SPCA was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Why don't you just call the DSPCA or other shelters as say they are feral but are just kittens so will be easy to tame, and ask if they'll put them down or rehome them?

I have called them but they never answer the phone so I am waiting on a reply from an email I sent this morning asking them, just thought someone here might have some advice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    which SPCA was that?

Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

How about Cats Aid Dublin or CDPA

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

anniehoo wrote: »

I know Cats Aid arent taking any more kittens there full. But the DSPCA will NOT put down a healthy animal, if there feral they will go straight into foster care to be tamed. Keep trying them i know they are very busy out there

Advertisement