Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppies eating poo

Options
  • 24-08-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Good morning all

Just wondering can anybody give me some advice or share their experience.

My puppies (5 and 6 months) started eating poo recently ... they don't eat it all the time, but when it comes close to meal times, I guess they're too hungry to wait any longer! :-)

Has anybody some "tips" on how to prevent this? While I understand this is quiet normal for puppies, I just don't like the thought of it.

I have heard of those tablets that makes their poo unattractive to them but they are not very cheap...

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭littlelady

my little westie did that for a while - I found sprinkling while pepper on the poop totally turned him off that! Also heard pineapple juice on their food woorks but not tried that! Try the pepper first!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

No need to spend money on tablets etc. just get a tin of pineapple in it's own juice. Feed the pups both a small section of pineapple each, sometimes that's all it takes sometimes you need to feed a small piece once a day for a couple of days. They should eat it whole pups generally like it and it stops the poo eating very quickly.

At least it's worked on every pup I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

My fella used to do this when I first got him (he was 4 months old). Changed his dog food (from a certain well known brand) and it stopped over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

+1 for the pineapple!! aparantly v tasty treat for the puppy going in...........not so much on the other side and stops the poo eating in no time :D

Advertisement