Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housekeeping - models forum

Options
  • 24-08-2010 11:45am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some of the regular forum members might have noticed I copied Cookie Monster's excellent information resource thread on model trains into a new thread Info about Model Trains.
    Various posts got added to it since Cookie Monster started it some of which which are less relevant, so I boiled the essential contents down into the minimum number of posts, added some more links, and made it into a new and shortened sticky thread for newcomers to browse through.

If you posted in the original and are offended by having been "edited without consultation" relax and chill, because the original thread, complete with all your posts is still there in unadulterated form a few pages back, (page 2 at the moment) here: Info for Model Trains (old thread).

I hope to check out the General Guide Thread links soon, and get those dead links updated.

Suggestions for improving the Models forum are always welcome, either here or by PM if you prefer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Nice one.

Maybe someone could do one to give an overview of RC cars and vehicles.

Then that would be the 3 main things that come up here stickied with resources.
    Trains, Planes* and automobiles

(* & helis)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

Hi coolwings

you could split the forum into sub forums. Land, Sea Water, Air and other.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

dun79 wrote: »
    Hi coolwings

you could split the forum into sub forums. Land, Sea Water, Air and other.
    while it's a good idea I don't think there is really the traffic to justify that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

PM sent with some website suggestions.

MiCk B. :-)

Advertisement