Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small house move in Dublin. Advice on moving companies?

Options
  • 24-08-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

due to personal circumstances, I'm having to leave my beloved Blanchardstown :( and move to Clontarf. The problem is that I've no car at the moment and looks like noone is available to help me move my stuff.

So I was looking at some moving companies. The thing is that I don't have that much to move: several bags, few small boxes with books, big stereo, desk and a chair, and some kitchen stuff (plates, saucepans,etc). It's a very small move but I will need a van to be able to move it all in one go. Is there anyone in Dublin that will take on a small job like that and how much it'll cost? oh, and I have to be out by Sunday evening...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do you have a driving license? Could you rent a van? Other than that, there are a few who advertise a van service here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

A user on boards called cormie seems to do that type of thing and has gotten good reviews here. Might be worth a pm to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 irenastia

thanks will try him now

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

Try Paul on www.needhelpmoving.ie.
    worked for me. nice fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Cathooo wrote: »
    A user on boards called cormie seems to do that type of thing and has gotten good reviews here. Might be worth a pm to him?

+ 1 Used him to move from Ireland to London at the start of the year - we were really disorganised and it was when the big snow fall hit but he was great and made the move very easy for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

ztoical wrote: »
    + 1 Used him to move from Ireland to London at the start of the year - we were really disorganised and it was when the big snow fall hit but he was great and made the move very easy for us.

+1 for Cormie, helped us on a short move last year. Good rates and helpful chap.

Advertisement