Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible penalty kick at Sedgefield today

Options
  • 24-08-2010 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Louis Ludwig - 4:15 Sedgefield Donn Dx3 Main Runners and Riders Handicap Hurdle(5) 2m2f 110yds

Louis Ludwig won doing handstands over 2 miles at Worcester LTO in a class 5 conditional for new trainer Tim Vaughan (who has a superb record of turning apparently mediocre horses into winners) the winning margin of 11 lengths flattered the opposition as it would have been nearer 20 had he been pushed out. Having been turned out again quickly Louis Ludwig runs off the same mark, conditions look ideal - good/firm and the experienced Richard Johnson takes the ride this afternoon. Of the opposition its hard to make much of a case for those who's form is known, the only "dark horse" is Daasij who is coming into this race on a low weight having been raced in novice events thus far, showing nothing while doing so.

The odds are appalling @ 1.72 but on all known form and evidence its hard to see past Louis Ludwig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Significant move in the market for Harcas 8s into 5, Ludwig has drifted a fraction, still very short at 1.80. People may just be looking at the e/w money as it pays 1/4 .

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Cheers Mike, I took him at 4/5, and doubled up with Wake Up Call in the 5.00 Yarmouth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

good luck with that
    it does look nailed on alright
    backed it at 5/6 with bet 365 but i didnt go big

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

i put ten euro on him lets hope for a win

fell at the first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Did Johnson jump off ? That's why I hate the low value races !!! And then the gamble on Daasij fails anyway !!

Jesus Christ. I give up :mad:

unlucky mike thats gambling for ya:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

guess we'll never know but having just watched the full
    race id say it would have been a penalty kick.

i see supercede is out again today 7.20 ffos las
    pp have it priced up already at 9/2
    i think that might look big tomorrow so ive had
    a little ew nibble myself
    elliot has two in the race also and i see carberry
    is on hoopy

Just watched the race back (as far as the unseating), he was plumb last plenty of daylight round him. Shocking error from an experienced jockey.

Superceed looks well priced esp for a place.

• Advertisement

I think I'll do the insured place bet on both the top Elliot horses, one is bound to win and both really have to place (accidents aside!) on current form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Elliot's horses are going well,he's cooled down a little bit of late compared to say start of July. Tricky kind of racing today,I was going to oppose the Elliot runner in the first at Ffos Las tonight with Tara Warrior.

Quattrocento really shoterned in the afternoon, Hoppy has drifted a fair bit.

Superceed nothing, Grand Slam Hero wins.

The ground sounded like it ws very soft.

Advertisement