Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merida Speeder T2 - opinions anyone?

• 24-08-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I'm in the process of choosing a commuter bike. I had tried a few bikes and was initially taken by the Giant Seek 3. However, a bike shop owner I respect said that this type of bike set up is not the best for the commuting task as although Seek 3 (and similar bikes) are marketed as an about town bike - their gearing is a moutain bike set up making them inefficent when it comes to distance travelling.

The Merida on the other hand is marketed as, as close to road bike you can get with a flat bar. I do like it and it felt good on the road. My problem is- I know little about bikes (although I used to commute a lot by bike up to 15 years ago). I will be communting 15k each way to work, does anyone have any experience with a Merida or similar type bike as at this stage I'm bewildered by choice.

Thanks in advance

Ado

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ado75

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭thehangtenguy

Hi,
    I purchased my first road bike, a Merida, back in spring for the purpose of Sportives and road mileage this summer. As someone who has been doing mountainbiking since the early 90's and haveing a couple of Cannondales and Marins, my plan was to follow suit and purchase a well known brand. After much research, I came across Merida, read the reviews and went for it.
    I'm very happy with my purchase after about 2000km. When comparing the Merida with other better known manufacturer, i founld you got better components than other manufacturers in the same price range.
    The quality of the frame & paint is excellant.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ado75

Cheers thehangtenguy

Its seems very well regarded in Germany, Oz and NZ were its an established brand but its nice to hear from someone closer to home, very helpful.

Thanks again

ado

• Registered Users Posts: 14 flagstaff

Thanks for the info lads. I have been looking at bikes for the past few weeks and from what i can see the specs on the merida bikes are very good relitave to other names in the same price ranges.

I know that merida are part of the same company as specialzed and I have been told by a few people that the quality is more or less the same.

all the best

Advertisement