Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having some awful difficulty with eircom wireless.

Options
  • 24-08-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, rather stupidly I reset myeircom router yesterday as the connection was being terrible, since then I have not been able to get it to work on my sister's laptop (wireless). For her network connections it shows the eircom network but when I try to connect it wont work, we've had this problem loads of times before but her boyfriend sorted it, can't get it work though. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

You'd probably have reset the wireless key/security then in the router.

Connect to the router via an ethernet cable on http://192.168.1.254 and put the wireless key/security back to what they were before. Alternatively make a note of what they are now and set them the wireless connection up again on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I didn't change the wireless key, it's what it was originally. Security isn't really an issue, as there is no one within miles of us, so no one can leech off our connection, so it doesn't have to be set up to be secure. The way it is set up now is;
    Enable Wireless
    Enable WPS
    Privacy is WPA-PSK
    WPA version 1 and 2 allowed.
    The SSID and Pre shared key are what they were all along. (what's written on the router box)

Advertisement