Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change: secondary teacher

• 24-08-2010 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I work as tech support in a large software company at the moment. I know I'm very lucky to have a job, but I really don't think this is for me, and to be honest the thought of being here forever is depressing!

I am bylingual in French and am quite gifted with languages, I also enjoy teaching and I know what being a secondary teacher entails as several people in my family (and my boyfriend too) are teachers themselves.

I'm thinking of doing the big move, going back to university to do a degree in French and Spanish (and probably geography) to become a secondary school teacher in those subjects (French and Spanish to LC level, Geog to JC level)

I was just wondering if any of you had any opinion on the idea?

I know teacher jobs are very hard to come by, but I really think I would be happier doing that compared to what I am doing currently, and that I could be a good teacher and get people interested in these subjects.

Also, would you think that the demand for French/Spanish teachers would be reasonable?

Advertisement