Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how are you all?

Options
  • 24-08-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

I miss the people in recovery posting their progress in this Forum.
    So how are you all?
    (Not wishing to start any controversity..just wondering is all)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Well I gave up drink last Christmas. The last 8 months were the best in my life. Hard to explain how happy I am! The first month maybe was hard as my body was just used to having drink at weekends probably like the majority if 25 year olds in Ireland. I also had to listen to a lot of rubbish from mates for not drinking. This is not as bad now and I just don't care now I'd people have problem with me not drinking. It's dreadful you have to defend yourself for not drinking though. I still go out every weekend. The only problem I'm having is when I'm chatting up a girl when they notice I'm not drinking. They keep asking questions why and I was even asked by one girl had I drink problem!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Well I gave up drink last Christmas. The last 8 months were the best in my life. Hard to explain how happy I am! The first month maybe was hard as my body was just used to having drink at weekends probably like the majority if 25 year olds in Ireland. I also had to listen to a lot of rubbish from mates for not drinking. This is not as bad now and I just don't care now I'd people have problem with me not drinking. It's dreadful you have to defend yourself for not drinking though. I still go out every weekend. The only problem I'm having is when I'm chatting up a girl when they notice I'm not drinking. They keep asking questions why and I was even asked by one girl had I drink problem!!

a drink problem? what a laugh, asking that just cos u dont drink is pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

" have you got a drink problem".?!!!!!.....

Answer...not anymore!.... Do you?

Stupid Bint!!!!:(

No I don't have a drink problem. I used to drink 4/5 pints on saturday nights; that's the height of it. I just got fed up of hangovers; I actually hated them :D I always said I'd give it up so I eventually got around to it! Doing a lot more sports etc now and I still head out at weekends. I'd recommend it to anyone :)

u got hangovers from 5 pints on a sat night ???

• Advertisement

I think I'm digging myself a hole here :D Not neceassarily a hangover after 4/5 pints but I'm sure I would get one now considering it was so long since I drank :rolleyes:

I just love the feeling of waking up fresh on a Saturday/Sunday morning minus a sore head. If I was drinking this would be different!

I think I'm digging myself a hole here :D Not neceassarily a hangover after 4/5 pints but I'm sure I would get one now considering it was so long since I drank :rolleyes:

I just love the feeling of waking up fresh on a Saturday/Sunday morning minus a sore head. If I was drinking this would be different!

i know what u mean, even if its not a hangover u would be tired and just cranky from a few pints.

Advertisement