Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Transfer Question.

Options
  • 24-08-2010 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I was just wondering what fees and/or grants implementations there would be, if any, if I decided to transfer from a denominated degree in science to omnibus science. For example, if I wanted to transfer from theoretical physics (a denominated degree) to science omnibus to pursue just a plan experimental physics degree. I am going into second year at this point and I have basically all of the modules that are required for entry to second year physics. I would also be grateful if someone could give me a link to an internal transfer form on the UCD website (I can't seem to find a proper one).

Thanks!

KP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

I transferred to Science omni after a year of Ag Science. As far as I remember the fee was the same. As in I think I just paid my yearly fee as normal. There was a charge for processing the transfer. I think it was only 30 beans or something though. I can't find the transfer site. It should be in admissions under the administration tab. If it's for this September I think you're too late anyway.

EDIT:
    Here you go: https://myucd.ucd.ie/programme_info/transfer.ezc#Internal

Maybe you can transfer in semester 2 if you're too late for September.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Go to the science programme office and ask them. Can't see any reason why they wouldn't let you do that. I know a few people who switched between denominated and undenominated science courses back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

aidoh wrote: »
    I transferred to Science omni after a year of Ag Science. As far as I remember the fee was the same. As in I think I just paid my yearly fee as normal. There was a charge for processing the transfer. I think it was only 30 beans or something though. I can't find the transfer site. It should be in admissions under the administration tab. If it's for this September I think you're too late anyway.

EDIT:
    Here you go: https://myucd.ucd.ie/programme_info/transfer.ezc#Internal

Maybe you can transfer in semester 2 if you're too late for September.

Thanks, do you know if you can transfer in the second semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Well it said something on that web page about being able to transfer after the first semester if what you study is similar enough to what you want to transfer to. If you can't apply to transfer in september then I'd stick with the first semester of 2nd year theoretical physics, talk to the science programme office and apply to transfer as soon as you want to. I'd say you'll get a transfer for semester 2 anyway. I'd email the programme office tomorrow when you're registering to see if there are any modules that you have to do as well. You should be grand though, I'd imagine there are at least a few modules common to both degrees. Best of luck anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement