Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diary of a Repeat Leaving Cert

Options
  • 24-08-2010 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi, as the title suggests, I'm (about to be) a repeat leaving cert. I'm starting a blog mostly about it, which'll include study tips and stuff. I'm just looking to see if anyone is interested, this is my form of free advertising. My first post explains it a little better:
    http://clodaghjoan.blogspot.com/

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

I'll definitely be interested, I'm repeating too and I'd like to feel like I'm not the only one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Nice idea :)
    I repeated myself.....best thing i ever did :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

I think its a brilliant idea. It would show fellow repeat-ers that they are not alone! I will be following you, repeating myself. We can share tips, share experiences and all that. I look forward to it! Maith thú!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

WTF is the meaning of the topic.
    Diary of a repeat leaving cert that doesn't make sense. If you're repeating because you faked English it makes perfect sense.
    For crying out loud how are old 19. Some of you will start college in 3 weeks grow some balls behave more sensible.
    For f**k sake you just sat the leaving cert oh I forgot you failed.
    If you don't want to be in this position next year start studying and stop making blogs about I failed, I'm disappointed.
    Some you brought it upon yourselves.
    As you lay your bed you lie on it.

Peaceout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

awww... come on freeze. The OP is facing repeating their Leaving Cert because they have a dream course in mind. Instead of taking the 'you're stupid and this sucks' approach, can you not just say nothing? Such people deserve all the encouragement they can get because first, seeing the results and knowing you didnt do well enough to get the dream course is bad enough, but second, you have to stand by and congratulate friends who did get their courses and are now all hyped up about college and the new life they will be heading off to. Its not easy to go back and do it all again... for anyone; albeit they failed or got 570 and needed 575.

Clodaghjoan, best of luck and keep up the diary blog. It will give you an aside to commit to outside your study and its great that you're encouraging others to go along with you.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

WTF is the meaning of the topic.
    Diary of a repeat leaving cert that doesn't make sense.
    If you're repeating because you faked English it makes perfect sense.
    For crying out loud how are old 19. Some of you will start college in 3 weeks grow some balls behave more sensible.
    For f**k sake you just sat the leaving cert oh I forgot you failed.
    If you don't want to be in this position next year start studying and stop making blogs about I failed, I'm disappointed.
    Some you brought it upon yourselves.
    As you lay your bed you lie on it.

Peaceout.
    Totally unnecessary attack on the OP.

Take a few days off to cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

GVNDNN wrote: »
    Nice idea :)
    I repeated myself.....best thing i ever did :D

i also repeated LC when all my friends packed and went off to college....turned out to be the best year and was really delighted i chose to do it.

best of luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Best of luck, hope it all works out for you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 townEnd

I think its a great idea :) i was stalking this forum for the duration of 6th year and reading these threads,aswell as sites like allhonours and the leaving cert blogs really helped me keep level headed during the year and to remember i wasnt alone icon11.gif
    A sole 'repeat' blog on its own would cause current students to anticipate the frustration of possibly repeating...
    As many different perspectives as possible are invaluable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ClodaghJoan

Just a big thanks to (almost) everyone, really wasn't expecting so much traffic from this link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

ClodaghJoan,

Best of luck in your repeat year, hope it all goes well and that you achieve the results you want in the coming year. It's a tough time for you at the moment - or maybe you have become reconciled to it and settled into what is ahead.

A slightly different perspective: I am the father of a boy who did very well in his LC but did not get the points he wanted = total disappointment and dejection! It's a very awkward situation; he has done well and so we are happy for him but as he hasn't achieved as well as he had hoped for we are also disappointed for him. Of course, there has been the few days of tears and blame - it is all his parents' fault, after all, but he has decided to repeat and, with the decision made, he has now settled and is more at ease with the situation.

Best wishes for the year ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 x.soph.x

hey i really wanna repeat this year also cos i didnt get the course i wanted. Im really nervous about the idea of going back to school as i didnt exactly like it much when i was there. Does anoyone know any places that i could repeat through the VEC or other courses, in the roscommon, athlone or surrounding areas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ClodaghJoan

x.soph.x wrote: »
    hey i really wanna repeat this year also cos i didnt get the course i wanted. Im really nervous about the idea of going back to school as i didnt exactly like it much when i was there. Does anoyone know any places that i could repeat through the VEC or other courses, in the roscommon, athlone or surrounding areas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I'd say you should start your own thread with this question. Not in a "get out of mine" kind of way, just that you'd get answers quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Quick Question:

Are you only repeating to stop your mother from murdering you or are you really in the game? I personally wouldnt just be able to spend a year doing torturous study because I want to keep everyone else happy.

Either way, I am repeating. Instead of doing it through a school though, I am planning on doing at home, with as much continuous self-assessment. I have barely just started and it is already proving tedious for me but anything to avoid going back to school. Anything but to go back to school....

Will be bookmarking your blog and keeping an eye on it throughout the year. Keep at it and best wishes for the future....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sligo007

Where has this blog gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Fair play to you. I repeated last year and it worked out well thankfully. Although i hated every minute of it, all my friends had moved on, hanging out with people i didn't know and teachers making snide comments about me repeating. Unhappiest year ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement