Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

add diseqc, lost channels (SR 27500)

• 24-08-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I put up a second lnb for 19.2e on my freesat set up and aligned it with the receiver connected directly. SQ is typically 90%.

Then I connected it via the diseqc and installed it in the house. SQ drops to around 80% and I have channels from both satellites, but I am also missing channels on both sats. Diseqc is switching between both ok.

It could be a co-incidence, but the missing seem to have SR 27500 - I'm looking at you, Watty! It doesn't seem to be a transponder/beam issue.

There is a long run (and diplexers) between the diseqc and the receiver, so going to test outside with a shorter run without diplexers next, but if anyone has any views, I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Apogee

Double check your F-connectors. A good test is to place a female-female barrell connector in place of the switch and then compare sig quality so your running a more controlled test over the same length of cable.

If it's a faulty switch, then the symbol rate is irrelevant. The switch will either attenuate all frequencies or a range of frequencies.

Advertisement