Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Speeds

• 24-08-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hi there, quick question about the eircom broadband speeds - I know they advertise UP TO 8mb and you will not always get that but anytime I turn on the computer it says 3936/512 kbps and my Line Attenuation is 41/24 dB.

Upgraded from 3MB to the 8MB about a week ago, when I was first connected I was getting speeds of about 7.2MB but now its stuck on about 4MB. Is my line capped at 4MB? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭YIA

Depends on how far you are from exchange, quality of copper etc....
    Some lines can only handle up to a certain limit (3Mb, 5Mb, 7Mb etc) because of those physical factors
    926138426.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

YIA wrote: »
    Depends on how far you are from exchange, quality of copper etc....
    Some lines can only handle up to a certain limit (3Mb, 5Mb, 7Mb etc) because of those physical factors
    926138426.png

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

But it was downloading at 7MB one day, so it must be capable?

Advertisement