Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiring a plasma to a solid wall

Options
  • 24-08-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Lads,
    Can anyone here give me any guidance as to what my options are. We have a 42 inch plasma in the sitting room and we want to mount it to the wall. We hate the thought of all the wires being on display and not too keen on just boxing them up and painting them. Are there any other options out there?
    We want to hang the TV on the wall which is solid and then have the have that connected to the UPC box and DVD player. Alot of wires you will agree!

Any suggestions? Can teh wall be channelled out and all the cables put in there ?

Any help or suggestions or pics of what youse have done appreciated and I hope I chose the correct forum.

Tunner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-construction-configuration/

have a look around there you will find some great pics of what can be done mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

if the wall is solid then your best option is to chase out the wall. make the channel deeper then you need to accomadate other cables you might need at a later stage. when you chase out the wall put some pvc box trunking into the chase this will help with fishing cables at a later stage and prevent your existing cables getting damaged against the rough concrete. just make sure the chase is deep enough and the pvc trunking is below the level of the wall or when you come to fill the chase you will have trouble getting it level.
    at the bottom of the chase where the cables come out fit a flush box and drill a few holes on a white blank plate and bring your cables trough the holes, its a bit neater then just a hole in the wall.

Advertisement