Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gormley does it again.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Um, Grizzly, that was on the front page of the SB Post several days before the Indo's article about a new green motor tax.

I kindof think at this stage that the Indo's basicly yanked everyone's chain a bit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Apologies there Sparks &Co.Only saw it online today,and thought it was headline ,missed the article datline...:o:o:o

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

well has anybody tryed to tax a commercial.a mate of mine did in wicklow town and got a shock over nine hundred euro for the year,pajero sport com:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

well has anybody tryed to tax a commercial.a mate of mine did in wicklow town and got a shock over nine hundred euro for the year,pajero sport com:(

What was his Occupation? How was he stopped? What way was it implemented?

What was his Occupation? How was he stopped? What way was it implemented?
    unemployed at the moment,,,,,,,,,,,,,just renewing hes tax,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and that is how much it will cost for the small round thing that goes a long side his insurance disk +6 euro for a cert to say why it is taxed privately and insured comm:eek::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

unemployed at the moment,,,,,,,,,,,,,just renewing hes tax,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and that is how much it will cost for the small round thing that goes a long side his insurance disk +6 euro for a cert to say why it is taxed privately and insured comm:eek::mad::mad::mad:

How was he PROVED not to be employed and not using commercial?

How was he PROVED not to be employed and not using commercial?
    no vat number simple as.he said no getting away from it(so did she behind the glass)

no vat number simple as.he said no getting away from it(so did she behind the glass)

Farmers do not have VAT numbers, so does that mean another Tax on the Farmer/part time farmer/part-time business man??

Can anyone post the "New" tax form?
    Was this a renewal or a first application "as Gormie stated this was only affecting new applicants"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 weldersmask

i have a good friend who has owned a crew cab navara for the last 3 years it's registered as a commercial vehicle and up till last week he had never had a problem taxing it commercially ,he is self employed with no vat number so he went in to re tax it last week and has ended up taxing it for three months as a private vehicle no way would the tax office let him do it as a commercial that was either tullamore or athlone im not sure
    to say he is annoyed would be putting it mildly:eek:

it was a renewal the same lad has had comm for the last 5/6 years.farmers---he said he had a few horses, did not wash with her at all all she wanted was a vat no, something she could put in the box and tick

• Advertisement

i have a good friend who has owned a crew cab navara for the last 3 years it's registered as a commercial vehicle and up till last week he had never had a problem taxing it commercially ,he is self employed with no vat number so he went in to re tax it last week and has ended up taxing it for three months as a private vehicle no way would the tax office let him do it as a commercial that was either tullamore or athlone im not sure
    to say he is annoyed would be putting it mildly:eek:
    my mate was nearly crying telling me

it was a renewal the same lad has had comm for the last 5/6 years.farmers---he said he had a few horses, did not wash with her at all all she wanted was a vat no, something she could put in the box and tick

This is very disturbing, very disturbing indeed........

for a small little party their ability to cause a lot of suffering and pain never again will they get in, with what they have done:(
    or the fact that they did do so much, for a group of fanatics who knows:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

My brother taxed his van yesterday. He was also told there is more to come in the Budget :eek: That this is only part 1 of a 2 part scenario :mad: The lady said they were awaiting further details :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I got the following in the post yesterday morning, from my local Motor Tax office:
    rf111aa.jpg

rf111ab.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

So you need one proof of commercial use, not necessarily a VAT number.

If you're a farmer, you could get a Tax Clearance Certificate (they're free) or your herd number.

Not impossible if you're genuinely a commercial user. The requirement for sole use as a commercial vehicle is a bit onerous IMO though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Is your vehicle currently taxed or is it due to be taxed?

Rovi wrote: »
    I got the following in the post yesterday morning, from my local Motor Tax office:
    rf111aa.jpg

rf111ab.jpg

This is a direct lie in regards to Gormleys statement.
    If a farmer/business man brings his wife or family to town in his commercial vehicle then he has to pay Private Tax, this is an outrage and a disgrace.

I know of a 73 year old man, lives alone, Farmer who drives a van as his Sole Vehicle.
    This man now has to pay double the Tax as a result of this New Tax system.

For anyone who has an old Isuzu Trooper,l which is one of the most common farmers jeeps 1990-97 they are 3.1L. The value of the jeep is €2000 and the Tax is €1500 per year if he collects the kids from school, goes to to the shop/mass/relations visiting etc??

Has anyone looked into registering themselves for VAT? We lready get punished every-time we cross the M50 €5.10 each way and M4 €4.90 each way for being commercial.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Say-No-to-the-New-Laws-Regarding-Commercial-Road-Tax/148700121821057

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Rosahane

rrpc wrote: »
    So you need one proof of commercial use, not necessarily a VAT number.

If you're a farmer, you could get a Tax Clearance Certificate (they're free) or your herd number.

Not impossible if you're genuinely a commercial user. The requirement for sole use as a commercial vehicle is a bit onerous IMO though.

The majority of owners of the targeted vehicles won't be able to supply the documentary proof. All the VW Fiat and Peugeot vans that the now unemployed apprentices and building workers drive, the pickups and commercial four by fours used by the huntin shootin fishin fraternity who are not self employed are now going to be targeted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 weldersmask

it looks to me as if the writing is on the wall for the commercial aspect of a crewcab 4x4 or similar. i hear the price of them is allready dropping alarmingly especially the larger cc ones maybe it is now time to completely rethink the situation , there is no enviromental reason why one vehicle should cost x to tax and the private equivelant should cost up to 5 times more. after all they share the same wheelbase, engine, emmissions etc etc. it's just 1 has rear seats and windows , would it not make more sense to have a flat rate tax on a cc basis applied equally across the board or dare i say it do away with road tax alltogether and put a tax on a litre of fuel that way the user pays fairly and squarely .

• Advertisement

Rosahane wrote: »
    The majority of owners of the targeted vehicles won't be able to supply the documentary proof. All the VW Fiat and Peugeot vans that the now unemployed apprentices and building workers drive, the pickups and commercial four by fours used by the huntin shootin fishin fraternity who are not self employed are now going to be targeted.

The Hunters become the hunted!

Gormley knew well what they were doing, the are Anti-Hunting they want farmers to drive Prius's and cycle around the place. They think Farmers have enough money to buy 2 Vehicles!

i am very angry on this issue.
    Someone I know with a Nissan Navara will now have to eat Humble pie after they swore to me that "he" would not be affected!
    The Greens will have to go. This is the last straw.........

it looks to me as if the writing is on the wall for the commercial aspect of a crewcab 4x4 or similar. i hear the price of them is allready dropping alarmingly especially the larger cc ones maybe it is now time to completely rethink the situation , there is no enviromental reason why one vehicle should cost x to tax and the private equivelant should cost up to 5 times more. after all they share the same wheelbase, engine, emmissions etc etc. it's just 1 has rear seats and windows , would it not make more sense to have a flat rate tax on a cc basis applied equally across the board or dare i say it do away with road tax alltogether and put a tax on a litre of fuel that way the user pays fairly and squarely .

It would, but could you trust the b*****ds? We already have carbon tax, electrictity levies, income levies and pay taxes to subsidise public transport - and incidentially subsidise the purchase of bicycles:P

Like the change in the car tax and VRT rules a few years ago this is also going to hit motor dealers who have stocks of these vehicles and the unfortunate people who have a vehicle that they can't afford to change but will now have to tax privately:mad:

Meanwhile Biffo's best - and probably only buddy Seanie retains half of the many millions he swindled the country out of:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

The Greens aren't the only party in Government, remember that come the election. Look at the formation of RISE for example. The dept of Justice nonsensical ban on centrefire pistols. Don't forget these things when the ballot box time comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Ok so what if one wishes to change his commercial 4x4 to private...
    Is that possable?

johngalway wrote: »
    The Greens aren't the only party in Government, remember that come the election. Look at the formation of RISE for example. The dept of Justice nonsensical ban on centrefire pistols. Don't forget these things when the ballot box time comes around.

problem is John, in this country the young don't vote and the old folk won't change coats

I've voted since i was 18 however I know more people who don't vote than do.

If you look at the last election ~48% of the electorate voted, a disgrace.

if the people who did not vote in that election, voted on mass the monster raving lunatic party could be voted in.
    I will Vote for RISE, and i have always given FF n
    No 1. Unless this shambles of a commercial tax is repealed.
    It is an attack once again on Rural people by the Party who knows least about it! It's beyond a joke at this stage

below case and point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Monster_Raving_Loony_Party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

It's my opinion that no one here has a right to complain if;

They don't vote at all.

Or,

They vote back in the current shower.

They've demonstrated that they're after the lot, your money, your hobbies, your right to make a free choice in life by either taxing the hell out of everything or outright banning it.

My sheep have more backbone that our so called "Government".

There is no "problem", it's very simple. "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Want more of this? Vote them back in.

I am not saying anyone else would be better or worse, but I know what the current lot are like.

It's true that the majority of people driving this class of vehicle were avoiding tax, in many cases legitimately, in some cases not. However, in many cases they ware making up for it in the amount of tax they were paying on the fuel and many of these vehicles are not particularly fuel efficient;)

However, isn't it interesting that the Gov have no problem in closing off this tax loophole and chasing everyone that avails of it.

I would expect to see them apply the same rigour to closing off and chasing up other tax loopholes, avoidances, overpayments and fraud especially those engaged in by all the cronies of FF or the upper middle class neighbours of the GP reps in the more expensive Dublin suburbs. However I'm afraid that another FF supporter's comment is appropriate "will we fu*k":D

It's easy for these shower to go after the little person, they are an easy target. However, their days are limited and we all now need to be attending the opposition TD clinics and making the case for our sports.

The European IPSC championship is currently underway in Belgrade. It has 1000 competitors plus officials, in many cases attendees will have a partner or family along for the week. It's bringing in huge immediate revenue for Serbia and is of immense importance in promoting tourism for the country.
    The sad thing is that, but for Ahern we could be planning for the next one in four years time:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

I foresee an escalation in the number of untaxed vehicles on the roads. Perhaps we should organise a grass roots movement like the Tea Party thing in America, and launch a massive boycott of motor tax.

Go to your TDs local clinic? To do what, hear more rubbish? I'd prefer to drive the jeep into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

dwighet wrote: »
    Ok so what if one wishes to change his commercial 4x4 to private...
    Is that possable?

Yup,no bother.Go and replace the boarded up bits with glass.And enjoy clearer view.WHY this was allowed in the first place I never understand.As they go SPA about abit of tint nowadays in the nCT but blocking off clear glass...?????Put a back seat back in it.Go down to the Revenue and NCT I belive nowadays?? and get the 4X4 re registerd and pay the difference for a private car of its type.Passenger and cargo is now no trouble,but you proably wont be able to write off the diesel against tax.:(

Folks,there is a perfectly good opportunity to protest to The water melon party[Green outside/Red inside] and Gormless coming up at the Animal Welfare dinner...[See the thread on Boards] As the old saying goes "Be there or be square.";)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

No way Will I goive Gormley another cent.

He already gets enough out of me with the tax on Diesel (which is a much cheaper fuel pre tax)

Anyone with a flat bed has Zero, I mean Zero benefit of going private.
    The only winner is the Govt.
    Or are they?

The country is already flooded with flatbeds, now there will be more of them?

Do they actually want construction or enterprise to start again?
    Do they want people to have more than one vehicle?

It's amazing how a Party of a handful of TD's can Rule the country.
    I have been researching the Green party a lot recently.
    I watched several of Gormless speeches on youtube recently

It's amazing how he has no grasp of reality and thinks his hair brained schemes will work.
    I'm big on reducing energy consumption. Why does he not offer schemes for Biofuel conversions?
    Or Bio fuel production?

no he is the new TAX man.
    I'm very afraid of them and their Evil empire
    128113.jpg

Advertisement