Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gormley does it again.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dalyjohnm

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Gormley can f*ck off. Beyond a joke now. Is there anything we can do, is rise gettin behind this or anythin?

Hi there , if you go on facebook , search for " Commercial Road Tax "
    It is a page setup by people planning a protest ....
    I found them , when i was searching on donedeal
    here is a link to their donedeal advert also :
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/1527630

Hope ye will participate
    John in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Yup,no bother.Go and replace the boarded up bits with glass.And enjoy clearer view.WHY this was allowed in the first place I never understand.As they go SPA about abit of tint nowadays in the nCT but blocking off clear glass...?????Put a back seat back in it.Go down to the Revenue and NCT I belive nowadays?? and get the 4X4 re registerd and pay the difference for a private car of its type.Passenger and cargo is now no trouble,but you proably wont be able to write off the diesel against tax.:(

Folks,there is a perfectly good opportunity to protest to The water melon party[Green outside/Red inside] and Gormless coming up at the Animal Welfare dinner...[See the thread on Boards] As the old saying goes "Be there or be square.";)
    Grizzly, unless you want to pay the difference in VRT as well as the extra road tax, then I wouldn't go near those windows and seats.

Two different things, and one is a lot more expensive than the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I'll go and protest, and i'm sure many others will go with me.

There is a lot of people in rural Ireland affected by this.

Case in point several old bachelors I know who only have a van or commercial as they need it for there job, but can't afford a car aswel.

I'd love to see Gormley bring a cow and calf in a trailer pulled by a prius :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

don't think much of that tack looking for dollars

• Advertisement

don't think much of that tack looking for dollars

It's free!
    you can donate if you want. Voting is FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

It's free!
    you can donate if you want. Voting is FREE
    o well then i voted twice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

rrpc wrote: »
    Grizzly, unless you want to pay the difference in VRT as well as the extra road tax, then I wouldn't go near those windows and seats.

Two different things, and one is a lot more expensive than the other.
    Go down to the Revenue and NCT I belive nowadays?? and get the 4X4 re registerd and pay the difference for a private car of its type.Passenger and cargo is now no trouble

Errr Hello??I said that???

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Errr Hello??I said that???
    You didn't say how expensive that could be. VRT on vans is 13.3% of open market selling price (OMSP), VRT on private cars under the current system is anything from 14% up to 36% of OMSP and under the old system was about 25% for larger engine sizes.

And that's the OMSP for the similar passenger vehcle that you're converting it back into. For the larger jeeps, you're at the very high end and looking at a VRT bill of thousands.

You only pay VRT if you convert the vehicle for passenger use. You pay higher road tax if you're deemed not to be using it solely for commercial purposes. Two different things, as I said.

Swings and Roundabouts RR.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Swings and Roundabouts RR.;)
    Nope, just swings. :p

€1000 extra tax a year, for those of us who are taxed to the hilt!

It's another attempt by the greens to get everyone living in town, no one off housing, no huntiong, no shooting! They are death or Rural life, he blamed the floods of 2009 on bad planning, not the fact that teh ESB have damned the shannon :rolleyes:

Instead "star trek conventions" :rolleyes

I thought you said you were a farmer? ;)

I thought you said you were a farmer? ;)

I'm a farmers son, employee for feck all shillins.
    I have no herd number as I just work on the farm RRPC.

Although I may start my own company soon, and have fun reclaiming VAT!

I'm a farmers son, employee for feck all shillins.
    I have no herd number as I just work on the farm RRPC.

Although I may start my own company soon, and have fun reclaiming VAT!
    Whoosh!

It was a joke Tack!, the myth (or truth depending on who you talk to) is that farmers don't pay any tax.
    for those of us who are taxed to the hilt!

Whoosh!

It was a joke Tack!, the myth (or truth depending on who you talk to) is that farmers don't pay any tax.

RRPC, I'm not getting into Farm incomes or Tax affairs.
    I pay "tax" lots of it.
    So another "Tax" on top of what I already pay is an outrage!

There are two sides to this argument.
    One Gormley is Correct and Right.
    The other he is wrong.

The Ballot Box will decide his faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Some farmers are registered with the revenue and pay their taxes, my ould fella included.

It's another attempt by the greens to get everyone living in town, no one off housing, no huntiong, no shooting! They are death or Rural life
    Yup,its called social engineering nowadays..It used to be known as Communism or Fascism.But in the Green case more the former.:rolleyes::eek:
    he blamed the floods of 2009 on bad planning, not the fact that teh ESB have damned the shannon :rolleyes:

Welll, thats been kind of dammed since 1928,give or take,to power Ireland with hydro electricty.In that he was right more or less.Anyone who goes and builds houses on a flood plain and blocks off the natural drainage,deserves what they get.BUT it was 100% more Global warming that was at fault,not to mind according to Gormless we shouldnt have turned on the water in the big freeze so our pipes could burst instead and we could fork out via our insurances.:rolleyes: Gormley and Reality,never the twain shall meet.:eek::rolleyes:

]

Hopefully..As of the three boxes of demoracy are being used,the soap box no one is paying much attention to it, and the third one is well.... rather permanent and very extreme.:eek::eek:

Grizzly

Social engineering is something that the "green party" if they were true to there call should actual be against.

I don't know of one person that voted for them, yet everyone I know has felt their wrath

• Advertisement

Tackle.
    Consider the water melon fruit!;) Green on the outside .Red on the inside!
    One thing the Commies were regular bears for[no pun intended] was getting their subjects to live to the partys diktats.They described it as for Workers equality or equality of the Masses[whoever the Hell they were!].The Greens simply dress up their diktat as somthing to save the planet,or socially engineer us out of our chosen way of life as it is anathema to certain members of their more fanatical ludditeish political kommissars...er..."elected TD's":rolleyes:
    Everything that has come out of GP Ireland has been a diktat on the Irish people.There has been nothing of choice,it is either Do or do without,and pay for it irrespective.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

A rather apt typo, that...

Sparks wrote: »
    A rather apt typo, that...

Fate :D

I'm not an English Scholar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

RRPC, I'm not getting into Farm incomes or Tax affairs.
    I pay "tax" lots of it.
    So another "Tax" on top of what I already pay is an outrage!

There are two sides to this argument.
    One Gormley is Correct and Right.
    The other he is wrong.

yep! they will go like the PD's in the next election ( not that Gormely cares he has got his pension)Dissapear like a fart in a Fog, them tree Huggers hanging onto the backs of FF useless bunch of s-it-'s:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

yep! they will go like the PD's in the next election
    Gosh I hope not.
    The PDs disappeared, only to be replaced by another small party that took up the mantle of human shield for Fianna Fail...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

kieran1141 wrote: »
    just got a phone call to tell me mr gormley was on the radio this morning asking the garda to stop any jeep that is being used for private use under commercial insurance and tax, he's tired of the country being ripped off, well i have a trade and bought my jeep 6 years ago for work but out of work now so am i not to drive, instead of 288 euro around a 1000 on tax and iam broke, mabey iam posting this on the wrong thread but i use the jeep for hunting and fishing and dogs, he said he's sick of these loop holes, mabey someone can tell me what was said. thanks
    kieran1141 wrote: »
    he's tired of the country being ripped off,

we are sick of him ripping us off

TheFrontLineAudience@rte.ie

If enough Mail it will have to be discussed

Advertisement