Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airshow?

• 24-08-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

I Heard last year there was Supposed to be a Airshow But it was postponed in Last year due to the economic downturn and insufficient organising time. Then i heard They were Going to do it This year! has there been any updates or news recenetly about this. Well i know it wont happen now Because the downturn has gotton worse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I take it you're referring to the one that was planned for Tramore? Big events like these need lots of sponsorship from local companies and funding from Failte Ireland, which is very hard to get these days. So many different festivals and events are competing for sponsorship and funding; there's only so much money to go round. I would say there are many more technical difficulties in organising an airshow as well, and probably greater costs for insurance etc.

The person who wanted to organise the airshow really wanted to do it, so I would say it could still happen, just not for another year or two.

Advertisement