Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C - Drag Racing at Santa Pod

• 24-08-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

First time ever shooting drag racing (in it's legal form anyways) and I definitely came away more appreciative of how difficult it can be. I went for the cliché shots as they were the safe option for the event coverage I needed to provide, but I'll be looking to try something a little bit more different at the next event.

The event was Rotorstock and the HKS Drag Series.

4920048805_fe80d3b95c_o.jpg

4920647136_c97b019a38_o.jpg

4920639730_14611b39d3_o.jpg

4920639876_bee080073c_o.jpg

4920653888_d73058b64c_o.jpg

4920647568_6876dfb7d7_o.jpg

More on my site : http://www.pmcgphotos.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I love that 3rd shot. The dof and the colour are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Excellent work I really like these. Couple of small comments 2. Coulda been a little sharper 5. Is a bit blown on the highlights but still all in all cool shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

1 and 3 are very very good. Well done

I like them all to be honest, but I thonk number 5 is my favourite. I know the highlights are blown and all, and if you could recover that or something it'd be great, but I just think the photo looks really aggressive or something (and I usually hate anything that's not in colour).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

no. 4 is the best; glad to help in reaching a consensus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Great shots - I love the heavy grey clouds in 3 and 4 - very atmospheric (no pun intended).
    The highlights in number 5 jarred with me when I looked at it.
    4 and 1 are my favourites; I think because the silhouettes add to the mood.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'm not a fan of car photos but I do like 1 and 3 and kinda like no 4.

No.1 works for me because of the shape of the guy on the left and the cloud of smoke - very powerful.

No. 3 reminds me of a jet taking off on an aircraft carrier. You know the iconic images of the crew waving him off - love it.

No. 4 again it's the people on the right balanced with the lights on the left. The one negative would be the car doesn't show any motion. If there was a bit of blurriness to the car speeding away, then I'd give it top marks.

Great set all round though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

One Three and Four by far for me!

4 is bestest ever
    3 is bestest
    1 is best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

4 is just fantastic, and so is 3, but personally I don't like the skull in the back window (not that there's anything you could do about that!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Cheers folks !

I tried to pull back more of the sky in #5 but the information is just completely lost which is a shame as I really like the image other than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement