Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Tracker Mortgage

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gchef75

I've just received data access documents from kbc
    Lots missing no original loan offer or interest
    Off to Patrick Kisane I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gchef75

Received letter today not impacted 😑
    Quite upsetting considering missing lots of documents from the data access pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭SteM

Received the letter today with the cheque :eek::D

More than I expected tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jimmysyke

Hey,

Hoping for some answers, does anyone know clearly when KBC /IIB removed the tracker mortgages.

My case is 1 year fixed mortgage taken out in April 2008 and when exited moved to an SVR or fixed rate option. No tracker option.

Contract says you will move the market variable rate and understand that some ppl with the above brackets are in scope.

Any thoughts or case would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

jimmysyke wrote: »
    Hey,

Hoping for some answers, does anyone know clearly when KBC /IIB removed the tracker mortgages.

My case is 1 year fixed mortgage taken out in April 2008 and when exited moved to an SVR or fixed rate option. No tracker option.

Contract says you will move the market variable rate and understand that some ppl with the above brackets are in scope.

Any thoughts or case would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
    I can't see the case for you. You would need to have something in writing that would show a tracker or a rate at xx% above refi rate would apply. In some cases, a promise to brokers has meant a few hundred got trackers - but you would have to have applied for the mortgage before Feb 6th 2008 when this promise was replaced by new terms and conditions.

KBC still offered trackers to mid 2008, but it would have been upto you to decide what rate you wanted.

As rates were still rising and as trackers and standard variable rates were similar, it passed by many how valuable they were to become.

Unfortunately, very little you can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 no money mo pro

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help or offer any advice on the following:
    I had a mortgage on a buy to let with KBC that was Initially on a svr in 05. I made an application to fix for 5 years in Feb 06 but later the same month I enquired over phone if I could switch to a tracker mortgage. In March 06 I received a letter confirming that my mortgage was switched to a tracker of 1.1% for the term of the mortgage and was given my new repayment figure.
    I paid the mortgage for years without paying much attention to the rate I was on. It has since transpired that kbc had put me on a fixed rate rather than a tracker and furthermore when the fixed rate expired I was put on the svr .... this is when my repayment problems started and after some time trying to negotiate a cheaper repayment, I had to relent and sell the property under the threat of receivership. It sold for 40% of what was owed, I also lost the deposit I had put into the property and the cost of fitting it out, approximately €40k in total.
    I was initially told that my mortgage was in Scope and had hoped that the tracker issue would be resolved. I was sent a letter stating that I was Not affected by the tracker scandal , on receiving this letter I phoned the tracker line and asked about the letter I had from 06 confirming my tracker and the lady I spoke to said she did not have a copy of that letter but would request a copy from their data department and come back to me later that day.
    She never called.
    I phoned every day for a week and was told the lady in question was either out of the office or would call me back.
    Yesterday I was told that the 06 tracker letter was sent in error and that I was never entitled to a tracker.

That's where I am at the moment.
    Any input or advice welcome.

Kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

In March 06 I received a letter confirming that my mortgage was switched to a tracker of 1.1% for the term of the mortgage and was given my new repayment figure.

If you have that letter it is gold - bring it to a solicitor and get what your are owed back from kbc or probably better to contact this guy
    http://www.padraickissane.ie/tracker.htm

To say it was sent in error after you made a call, they confirm a tracker was available and then they sent out confirmation in WRITING, is stupid beyond any level I've seen.

Screw them for every penny you are entitled to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭joe35

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help or offer any advice on the following:
    I had a mortgage on a buy to let with KBC that was Initially on a svr in 05. I made an application to fix for 5 years in Feb 06 but later the same month I enquired over phone if I could switch to a tracker mortgage. In March 06 I received a letter confirming that my mortgage was switched to a tracker of 1.1% for the term of the mortgage and was given my new repayment figure.
    I paid the mortgage for years without paying much attention to the rate I was on. It has since transpired that kbc had put me on a fixed rate rather than a tracker and furthermore when the fixed rate expired I was put on the svr .... this is when my repayment problems started and after some time trying to negotiate a cheaper repayment, I had to relent and sell the property under the threat of receivership. It sold for 40% of what was owed, I also lost the deposit I had put into the property and the cost of fitting it out, approximately €40k in total.
    I was initially told that my mortgage was in Scope and had hoped that the tracker issue would be resolved. I was sent a letter stating that I was Not affected by the tracker scandal , on receiving this letter I phoned the tracker line and asked about the letter I had from 06 confirming my tracker and the lady I spoke to said she did not have a copy of that letter but would request a copy from their data department and come back to me later that day.
    She never called.
    I phoned every day for a week and was told the lady in question was either out of the office or would call me back.
    Yesterday I was told that the 06 tracker letter was sent in error and that I was never entitled to a tracker.

That's where I am at the moment.
    Any input or advice welcome.

Kind regards

You will get more info on 'askaboutmoney.com'.

I would think if it was in black and white that you're entitled to it and therefore compensation. I

• Registered Users Posts: 25 no money mo pro

Thanks guys, I will engage with Mr Kissane. It seems their "tracker hotline" isn't there to help at all but rather complicate the issue.

Advertisement