Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is this playground in Maynooth?

Options
  • 24-08-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

my son is mad for slides and I found this one and it looks great
    maynooth%20playground%20011.jpg

I know it's in maynooth, but don't know the area and I wouldn't know where exactly it is
    if you know, would you post a link to google maps? or any other way I could find how to get there
    tried to find online it but no joy so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Je ne sais pas.

The playground is here http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maynooth&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Maynooth,+County+Kildare,+Ireland&ll=53.37881,-6.588632&spn=0.003194,0.009645&z=17

Directly opposite Maynooth Train Station, cross the bridge over the canal to access.

Directly behind the 67 / Bus Eireann bus stop which is across from the Glenroyal Hotel.

Or just going by that map it's in the grey area to the left of where it says "Straffan Road".

Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If coming from Dublin, heading towards Kilcock, going through the village, you'll go through a traffic lighted T junction. After that you'll come to a traffic lighted cross roads, with the Garda station on your left. At this junction, go left, and go straight up. There's usually some parking there. Once you park your car there, the playground is on the left.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is a fantastic playground for kids and teenagers of all ages.
    It is split in to 3.
    A playground for the small children,then the one that you posted the photo off then one for teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Indeed it's the best playground in the area.

and a bonus you can feed the ducks as well

Parking can be a pain, people fill up all the available space parking for the station ( commuters and people going to games at Croke Pk at the weekend )

You can usually park in the Glenroyal, you can satisfy the parking police type people by popping and doing some ( pretend )shopping in Eurospar.

Enjoy , you may well bump into me down there with my little one !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Eurospar? It's supervalu. but the other car park is council and free. The one where the bottle bank is. Great playground for the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Macros42 wrote: »
    Eurospar? It's supervalu. but the other car park is council and free. The one where the bottle bank is. Great playground for the kids.

Ok sorry , they all feel the same to me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

went there last Friday
    the best playground I've brought my kids to, excelent

that game of pressing coloured buttons is something I've never seen on a playground

thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Yeah it's a good one alright. Pity the local yobs have broken half of the excercise stations for the elderly. But still a good spot.

Advertisement