Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2010 Video Game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just remembered I haven't got Gold membership on Live right now, feck. Is it a month free when ya set up a new gamertag? Might just do that for online and get the other achievements on my usual gamertag.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Did they make a demo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Eurogamer review whetted my appetite. PC or xbox hmmm and Civ 5 out the same day.

Can I wait for a cheap amazon delivery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Woden wrote: »
    Eurogamer review whetted my appetite. PC or xbox hmmm and Civ 5 out the same day.

Can I wait for a cheap amazon delivery!
    http://www.gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=1646

is your answer,how good are they on delivery i hope to have it on release day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

have it preloaded here on steam just waiting for it to unlock bargain at 40 quid aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Gamesnash have been great on any orders ive had with delivery on release day and in some cases I have heard of them arriving the day before release.

BFassassin wrote: »
    Gamesnash have been great on any orders ive had with delivery on release day and in some cases I have heard of them arriving the day before release.

where are they based in ireland?? just wondering how long it will take them to deliver to castlebar.

we should set up a clan to play together

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    How is it a bargin when you paid more for it and you dont get a DVD,box or manual and if steam goes belly up you wont be able to play it?

oh noes!!! have 40 games on steam couldnt give a **** if they go belly up dont play most of them anymore anyway ive got my moneys worth from them

same goes for iracing really there's no guarantee they'll be around forever either yet i own about 150 quids worth of content so for the fun Ive had with it i think Ive got my money's worth

naughto wrote: »
    where are they based in ireland?? just wondering how long it will take them to deliver to castlebar.

Yeah they're irish based. They are in Meath I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A friend of mine is dropping over to me with the PS3 version this evening, I simply cannot wait to see this.

EnterNow wrote: »
    A friend of mine is dropping over to me with the PS3 version this evening, I simply cannot wait to see this.

Eh What!!!! How has someone gotten it already.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Yep as Bf Assassin has said we're based in Meath. :) I'd expect Castlebar has a daily postal service so I'd say 2 days max - maybe as short as next day.
    -gilly-09- wrote: »
    They landed to our distributors this morning so they are floating about for those with access to the supply chain.

:D:D:D I must have it!!!

He's a good friend, with a good job ;)
    They landed to our distributors this morning so they are floating about for those with access to the supply chain.

There you go :)

I'll see if he'll let me take a screeney, and give my impressions. The wait has been a killer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Anyone know how much this will be in the shops?

I've it pre-ordered with Amazon and it comes to €52 but if it was the same price approximately in the shops, I'd rather go in on Friday and get it in HMV or Game. I don't think Amazon will have it out to me on Friday.

• Advertisement

So is my copy in the post already? ;);)
    Only kidding I know its too early for it.

There you go :)

I'll see if he'll let me take a screeney, and give my impressions. The wait has been a killer!

Ye really has, let us know what you think. Jammy git:D

Ye really has, let us know what you think. Jammy git:D

I will indeed :) T Minus 4 hours and counting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Decided to order it for the xbox 360, was going to wait and get it on release day but will take my chances that it gets delivered on time

Was also considering the PC version but unsure about my PC being fast enough for it

Will be using joypad, no room for wheel

Was also considering the PC version but unsure about my PC being fast enough for it

I'm the same, if the PS3 version impresses me though I'll settle for that. I'd say this running on a modern pc though will be amazing. I've a Q6600, 4GB DDR2 and an older GTX8800...hhmm, I wonder :pac: I think a wheel is a necessity though.

• Advertisement

Decided to order it for the xbox 360, was going to wait and get it on release day but will take my chances that it gets delivered on time

Will be using joypad, no room for wheel

If you ordered it from us before the notice went up about being sold out you should expect to have it for release day. :)

I'm the same, if the PS3 version impresses me though I'll settle for that. I'd say this running on a modern pc though will be amazing. I've a Q6600, 4GB DDR2 and an older GTX8800...hhmm, I wonder :pac: I think a wheel is a necessity though.

I've only E6600, and ati hd 3850, recommended spec is E6700 ati hd 4850 I think
    If you ordered it from us before the notice went up about being sold out you should expect to have it for release day. :)

crap, when was that added to the page?

I've only E6600, and ati hd 3850, recommended spec is E6700 ati hd 4850 I think

Hmm, I'm not too far off so. Might be worth a shot on pc.

Pat - when are you expecting to have this available, if ordered say this week?

crap, when was that added to the page?

Earlier today as the initial batches were sold out - if you pm me your order number I can check it out for you. Alterantively if you look into your order history it should say packing if you ordered in time. :)

Earlier today as the initial batches were sold out - if you pm me your order number I can check it out for you. Alterantively if you look into your order history it should say packing if you ordered in time. :)

It says "packing" in status so I guess thats ok :pac:

*phew*

Not 100% sure - the distributors here are completely out of it - they will know tomorrow when exactly wave 2 comes in. That's not to say that they won't get stock in overnight themselves but it's just that if they do get stock even as early as tomorrow by the time they ship it to us you're talking Thursday and if it arrives late on Thursday we may miss the postal cut offs to get them back out same day.

The stock we're getting tomorrow is the initial batch which we had to order 2 weeks ago. We'd rather throw up a warning saying we mightn't get it to you for release day than keep taking sales knowing we might disapoint a customer.

Will definitely have stock here on Friday but obviously that's too late for release day delivery. :)

It says "packing" in status so I guess thats ok :pac:

*phew*

Yep you're grand so. :)

Not 100% sure - the distributors here are completely out of it - they will know tomorrow when exactly wave 2 comes in. That's not to say that they won't get stock in overnight themselves but it's just that if they do get stock even as early as tomorrow by the time they ship it to us you're talking Thursday and if it arrives late on Thursday we may miss the postal cut offs to get them back out same day.

The stock we're getting tomorrow is the initial batch which we had to order 2 weeks ago. We'd rather throw up a warning saying we mightn't get it to you for release day than keep taking sales knowing we might disapoint a customer.

Will definitely have stock here on Friday but obviously that's too late for release day delivery. :)

Ok Pat thats cool, I'll keep an eye on the site also :)

Yep as Bf Assassin has said we're based in Meath. :) I'd expect Castlebar has a daily postal service so I'd say 2 days max - maybe as short as next day.

if you post it early thursday morning i should have it friday if not it ill be monday be fore i get i will not be happy with that. as i could have walked in to a bricks and mortar shop and get it on a satday:confused:

This was where I saw it
    http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=987&game=F1%202010
    F1 2010
    System Requirements* GD Hardware Rating Diff
    Intel Processor - Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz Login to compare your CPU
    AMD Processor - Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
    Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce 9800 GT Login to compare your GFX Card
    ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 4850
    RAM Memory - 2 GB
    Hard Disk Space - 12.5 GB
    Direct X - 9

* System requirements displayed are based on recommended system requirements and should be used as a guide onl

• Advertisement

Do HMV and Game get the things in a day early? I will be in Dundrum on Thursday and it would be nice if they had it then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

With that spec go for it, a mate has a similar spec and plays DIRT2 max settings with no problems, if you can play dirt 2 you can play this game.It will always look better on a decent spec pc and thats decent spec, the card may be a tad slow but should be okay.
    Im certainly going with the pc version, apart from the crisper graphics and higher res online leagues on pc are so much better organised and run.
    Also i wouldnt touch this or any other racing title with a pad tbh if you can help it, the likes of burnout etc ok but not anything that may require some form of precision.
    Ill be using my G25 with the pc, looking forward to it.
    Some European lads have unlocked it using a proxy connecting to steam via a US server ,the US unlock was 6pm this evening our time.

if you post it early thursday morning i should have it friday if not it ill be monday be fore i get i will not be happy with that. as i could have walked in to a bricks and mortar shop and get it on a satday:confused:

Our normal delivery times are 1-2 days through An Post with 95% being next day. I'm very confident you will be happy come release day. :)

Dcully wrote: »
    With that spec go for it, a mate has a similar spec and plays DIRT2 max settings with no problems, if you can play dirt 2 you can play this game.It will always look better on a decent spec pc and thats decent spec, the card may be a tad slow but should be okay.
    Im certainly going with the pc version, apart from the crisper graphics and higher res online leagues on pc are so much better organised and run.
    Also i wouldnt touch this or any other racing title with a pad tbh if you can help it, the likes of burnout etc ok but not anything that may require some form of precision.
    Ill be using my G25 with the pc, looking forward to it.
    Some European lads have unlocked it using a proxy connecting to steam via a US server ,the US unlock was 6pm this evening our time.

You reckon it should be ok? Cool I'll try get a lend of DIRT2 to be sure before I buy :) Oh I agree, this is >G25 and beyond :pac:

The xbox pad has analogue triggers so you can be precise enough using a pad, not to the same extent as a wheel but not a million miles away. I didnt like the G25 wheel, paddles were razor sharp, not enough buttons on the wheels and the manual shifter is junk.

razor sharp?
    Manual shifter junk?
    Come off it, ok the manual shifter in H pattern is a bit rough but the sequential shift is known to be one of the best for a wheel pedal shifter combo.
    You wont get better unless you go for the specialized shifters or maybe the shifter that comes with the top of th line Fanatec wheels.
    Look at any video of the game used with a pad, its horrible, constant little corrections even on a straight.
    A high downforce car like an F1 is already twitchy as hell.
    Ive read a few reviews of the 360 version and two in particular said dont buy this game if your intend to use with a pad.
    In my opinion there is no comparison.

@ EnterNow your CPU is perfect, they are a little ninja of a CPU and can overclock easily even on stock cooling, not that will need to, the 8800 might be your systems bottleneck especially if its the 320 mb version? but even still will easily outperform the consoles.
    Id personally go for it, but if your not sure maybe stick to the 360, Fanatec make a fine wheel that works with all 3 formats, apart from that you will pick up a 360 wheel for 50 euros id imagine, again infinitely better than a pad, plus a wheel just feels right :)
    Ofcourse thats just my opinion :)

Dcully wrote: »
    @ EnterNow your CPU is perfect, they are a little ninja of a CPU and can overclock easily even on stock cooling, not that will need to, the 8800 might be your systems bottleneck especially if its the 320 mb version? but even still will easily outperform the consoles.
    Id personally go for it, but if your not sure maybe stick to the 360, Fanatec make a fine wheel that works with all 3 formats, apart from that you will pick up a 360 wheel for 50 euros id imagine, again infinitely better than a pad, plus a wheel just feels right :)
    Ofcourse thats just my opinion :)

It's actually an 8800 GTX 768Mb, so you reckon that should be good for near max settings? I really can't afford a new GFX card at the mo :o so if needs be I'll stick with the PS3 version. Why do you reckon 360 console wise? Have there been any direct comparisons yet? I need the best gfx experience possible in a sim :pac:

Considering the replacement for the G25 changed all the above items that I mentioned pretty much backs up what I said.

Mot really, the shifter like i said in sequential is very good, the H pattern while not so slick is fine and more than usablem i use it for some rfactor mods but mostly use sequential and paddles.
    I really dont know where your getting the sharp paddles from tbh.
    Besides, its the wheel and pedals that are what most simracers care about.
    The G25 is superb in these departments,900 degrees of rotation, one of the if not the best force feedback on the market for wheels in its class.
    The pedals are also regarded as one of the best especially when you include the Leo Bodnar controller box, which costs 6 euros.

You mention the G27, its not a huge upgrade at all, its mostly cosmetic stuff.
    Fair play if you get immersed in a racing game or sim with a pad, i dont , each to their own i guess :)

Do HMV and Game get the things in a day early? I will be in Dundrum on Thursday and it would be nice if they had it then.

Hate to quote my own post but it seems to have got lost amid the excitement :D

Agreed the wheel and pedals are nice but it has flaws. And at its price that unacceptable. Not enough buttons on the wheel is a major one. The 900 degrees is a gimmic. You never ever need that much, unless you are playing a 3 point turn simulator.

I have a nice wheel and track ir setup so i am sorted.

Play iracing without 900 degrees and you will very quickly see its a not a gimmick mate.
    I used to think the same but its not that you need the full 900 degrees its more the fact a simulator can offer better precision when the 900 degrees its implimented into its code, im not sure if F1 2020 does.
    For example iracing was one of the first to do so and the difference is very noticeable and has to be tried to be believed but again its not essential.
    I dont know the exact technical jargon and its ins and outs but the iracing dev team explained it all and how it works on the iracing site, went way above my head but it certainly feels better playing iracing with 900% than say 300%, it just feels more precise.
    I agree on the cost but you will get G25 at bargain prices now thanks to the G27.
    I also agree that more buttons on the wheel would be nice but there are plenty on the shifter panel which sits beside my wheel :)
    Anyways back on topic, heres a video Darin Gangi posted on the iracing forums a few mins ago, its the PS3 version with the Fanatec wheel i mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOLpIt0fS3s&feature=player_embedded

Cant get embed to work here for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Hate to quote my own post but it seems to have got lost amid the excitement :D
    They will have it but unlikely to sell it to you before the street date, you might get lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin City Center that sells these stands for the wheel? going to invest in one i think to get the proper feel for the game, all the reviews recommend it.

Also im confused on the wheel front slightly, is there a Logitech Driving Force GT and then a Logitech Driving Force G25??? Which is better etc and price?

The driving force is the cheapest, then G25 then G27, im not to sure if the G25 is still in production.
    Check out the Fanatec stuff too, fine gear.

http://www.fanatec.de/

Isn't it hard to use those steering wheels etc when sitting on a couch?

I wouldn't mind investing in one either. Any recommendations? And preferably one that I could pick up in HMV or Game in Dundrum ahead of getting the game? :)

I will be using it on a PS3.

Isn't it hard to use those steering wheels etc when sitting on a couch?

I wouldn't mind investing in one either. Any recommendations? And preferably one that I could pick up in HMV or Game in Dundrum ahead of getting the game? :)

I will be using it on a PS3.

Theres plenty of stand for users who wish to play from couch,i think fanatec have one , should be on link above.

Anyways im playing away here on the pc version :)

First off the game is a mess initially with utterly weird wheel settings.
    Initially i was like wtf is this all about?
    First my G25 wouldnt work, then i plugged into a different usb slot and the game recognised it.
    On to the track in expert settings all aids off the wheel was a disaster but after a lot of messing about im happy enough with it.
    Im not getting any steering lag but shifting lag is so annoying,i think its more sound lag but cant be sure.
    Im still struggling with a happy feeling in the pedals,need to mess with them more.
    Ive tried to lock the wheels under braking but cant but you can easily outbrake yourself and simpy miss the corner.
    I had a race at Montreal against the hardest AI on expert settings, qualified 6th @ 1:18 -- the top 8 cars were in the 1:18s.
    Onto the race i had to be so much more careful than my qualifying laps, the car felt more of a handfull in the race possibly because of fuel?
    I lost some places early on, made my pitstop which looks great btw, got back up to a decent pace and got up to 9th place and for me atleast it was a battle against the Ai in the race.
    Eventually i spun out and was back to 20 th place where i stayed till the end.
    Overall once i kept in mind that its not iracing etc i had a blast.
    Another annoyance is the way the engine note seems to shoot to max revs instantly after it gets to about 50% rev, its as if theres no sound effect for anything in between.
    Because of the shifting lag i cant be as precise as i would like but maybe they will address this with a patch.
    Anyone frustrated by it initially stick with tweaking the controls options, the difference can be massive and once you hit a decent sweet spot the game comes alive.
    Framerate could be better but overall it looks great,weirdly im getting exactly the same fps in time trial as back of the grid in a race.

Strangely this game reminds me of my GP3 days and even F1 challenge from isi.
    Its no sim in terms of acceleration and braking physics [ie you cant lock the brakes and at times you can simply slam the gas to the floor even with all aids off] but everything else feels impressive enough.
    You will not make corners when your really pushing it unless you are on the perfect line and exercise real caution.
    Also you have to hit your apexes to be fast,you gotta be smooth to be fast too im finding.
    Early days yet but its good fun so far.

Never got to play it the other night :mad: Think I'll chance the PC version either way.

• Advertisement

just done the 1st race in career there liking it allot so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wish I could get me hands on this, really want to see what the Korean Circuit is like. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    Wish I could get me hands on this, really want to see what the Korean Circuit is like. :pac:

It doesn't look too far off,
    Once they turn on the track side objects it should look as good as the game :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

16 hours til unlock on Steam from what I see. Wooooo, can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Pre booked this last night in Xtra Vision. Hear its codemasters biggest ever realase, so better be safe than sorry since I booked tomorrow off work way back in March I think so I could spend the day playing it

• Advertisement
Advertisement