Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tent

Options
  • 24-08-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

With EP coming up soon, what is the best site for buying a tent? Amazon is pretty bad for tents. Not much of a selection, and one tent i saw advertised for £122 (RRP £199... supossedly...) I found on another site at £80:eek::confused:

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Was in town on saturday and the camping shop down the end of henry street, near capel street was having a sale. Seen a fairly big one for 19.99. Lots of backpacks half price too. Might be worth a look. Depends how big a tent you want. Also online, shipping for a tent would add quite a bit to the price. Id say a few shops in town will be trying to get rid of tents as the summer comes to an end

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

Argos have a Regatta 4 man 2 room tent, with a large porch you can stand in for €64. got one last month, brilliant value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Argos (and Halfords) would be my first port(s) of call for a tent for festival use.
    Both usually have some on special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Thanks for replies lads. Went for this in the end http://www.campmania.co.uk/search.aspx?query=Gelert+Cadiz+6

Not sure about best deal as such, but the tent is perfect:)

For anyone else going to EP, i got a foldable sack trolley. Not those crap ones that fall apart - a heavy duty, proper trolley. Was €51 in Woodies. It was actually cheaper than the full size ones (which i was going to get only for spotting this by chance. I think there are 2 left in Woodies Lucan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Walk down Henry Street and onto Little Mary Street (I think it's called that) and there are two outdoors shops on the right. If you continue to the junction and turn left, there are two more shops there. Millets in the Blanchardstown Centre were having a tent sale, not sure if it's still on though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement