Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Original" transcripts??

Options
  • 24-08-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

i applied for a masters in UCD this summer, was first granted 'conditional acceptance' on the condition i completed some work experience, which i then did and received what i thought was my official acceptance.
    now i just got an email saying they still havent received my original transcripts and that my offer is still conditional!! not happy about this, or that they didn't tell me sooner.

can someone clarify what exactly an 'original' transcript is? i went to my last college, asked for my transcripts and had to pay them $10 for each copy -i assumed those WERE my original transcripts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

As far as I know you usually have to get copies signed by the college, often sealed in an envelope and signed over the seal which you send, or get your college to send, to ucd, to ensure that your transcripts aren't faked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

It's a transcript of your results, signed and stamped by your college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

zoegh wrote: »
    As far as I know you usually have to get copies signed by the college, often sealed in an envelope and signed over the seal which you send, or get your college to send, to ucd, to ensure that your transcripts aren't faked.

Neither maynooth nor galway sign a sealed envelope, I doubt going this far is necessary. OP are you applying directly to UCD or going through the PAC system? You may have forgotten to write all the necessary details on the transcripts, or they might have been lost (if you already sent them, not completely sure if you have or not).
    If you haven't sent them then yes the transcripts you paid a tenner for are the official/original ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kassiopeia

I got the same email.
    They never asked for the originals so was a bit put out by them saying my offer doesnt count as they havent gotten the originals in. I sent scans of mine in online so I'l have to post in the originals, thanks for reminding me about it actually!

Advertisement