Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC 2011

• 24-08-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Well now that the CAO offers for 2010 are out I guess this forum is ours now.

Dreading next year, looking to reach 550 points but i'm only at 500 points at the moment and if the 2010 is anything to go by the SEC are making the exam far less predictable and far more detailed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bola

Yeah you are right. I haven't exactly noticed the difference between the 2010 papers and the other years yet, but judging from the responses on other forums,it seems candidates were less than happy with the papers. Personally I intend to go through every chapter of every subject using revise wise and the book itself. Easier said than done though. Only exams one can get some sort of definite info on are the mocks cos they are all on different days and kids all over the net would be posting what came up for them.

Anyways Hope i get what i want. aiming for over 520 and MSISS @ TCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

gonna be a tough enough year dats for sure but just gotta keep thinking of afterwards, it will be worth it!..i'm not sure exactly what i'm doing yet, thinking teaching..if primary doesnt go up to much I might get it but i don't know, all depends on what happens on the day!..got a good 9 months to study though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Dreading next year, looking to reach 550 points but i'm only at 500 points at the moment and if the 2010 is anything to go by the SEC are making the exam far less predictable and far more detailed.
    Appeal results arent out yet though so theres more offers to come! :p

I would think that the standard will rise again this year and that gettin those extra high points, such as those to which you are looking for is really hard and a touch of luck is needed aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm aiming for the 485 mark if I can get that (That's unlikely though....) so if that fails, 450.
    And if that fails, 410.
    AND if that fails (which I'm hoping not!) 350.
    :P

So I'm confident if I do some hard work I won't have to repeat :)
    But yea, they seem to be making the exams less predictable.
    Just my luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 nightdream

bola wrote: »
    Yeah you are right. I haven't exactly noticed the difference between the 2010 papers and the other years yet, but judging from the responses on other forums,it seems candidates were less than happy with the papers. Personally I intend to go through every chapter of every subject using revise wise and the book itself. Easier said than done though. Only exams one can get some sort of definite info on are the mocks cos they are all on different days and kids all over the net would be posting what came up for them.

Anyways Hope i get what i want. aiming for over 520 and MSISS @ TCD
    MSISS is my 2nd choice XD
    hopefully i can get over 530 but with the whole project maths thing, i am worrying about it though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I'm aiming for 450 but I'd be happy with around 400. I got about 200 and something in my Summer tests last year so ya :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

just to give you some confidence: xmas exams 5th year 485, summer exams 505, 6th year xmas test 510, pre's 550, lc 590:) don't worry that the exams are being made harder, this means that the marking schemes have to be made easier. the best kind of lc exam is a hard one, not an easy one:) good luck!!

Advertisement