Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obligation to pay registration fee?

• 24-08-2010 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Once I accept my offer, am I obliged to pay the registration fee or can I decide later not to pay it and not do the course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Once I accept my offer, am I obliged to pay the registration fee or can I decide later not to pay it and not do the course?
    You have to pay it during the time that registration is open. The closing date is different for every college but I'm fairly sure that you have to have it paid by then, although you might have already done 2 or 3 weeks of the course. If you decide in the next week or 2 that you don't want to do it I'd say you just get in touch with the college and withdraw your acceptance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Usually,registration is done on the very first day of your college course term. You wont get a college ID without paying it. Not really sure what happens if you just dont pay the registration. I imagine they will come after you by mail and then maybe charge you a late fee. Id say if you know now you dont want to take the place, dont accept the offer and leave the place go to someone who really wants it. If you're waiting on round 2 offers and having to switch colleges if that happens, the registration you'd pay would be transferred.
    But if you already accepted the offer, and now just dont want to take the place cos you want to repeat... just call the college and tell em. You wont have to pay anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Thanks guys. Think I'll accept the offer and call them if I decide to turn it down.

Advertisement