Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

alan mcgregor

• 24-08-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

is a cheat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

I quite like the song Rangers have for him:

"He dives to the left,
    He dives to the right,
    Alan McGregor shags 10 birds a night."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Disgraceful but I'm sure this will be swept under the carpet for the most part. Wouldn't really suit anyone's agenda to go chasing a goalkeeper in a mediocre League for something like this.

I'll nail my colours to the mast here as I'm an Arsenal fan; but considering the furore kicked up when Eduardo dived [and there was at least contact in that incident iirc not to condone it] you would tend to feel aggreived at the consistency being applied. Will Fifa retrospectively ban McGregor for this? Not a chance. It's a poison in the game and it will continue to be until such a time as Fifa apply the rules consistently across the board [lol at this ever happening].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

is a cheat

Disgraceful stuff alright. I wish it was only an isolated incident, far from it unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I quite like the song Rangers have for him:

"He dives to the left,
    He dives to the right,
    Alan McGregor shags 10 birds a night."
    the baby's not yours
    the baby's not yours, alan mcgregor, the baby's not yours

it's paddy mccourts,
    its paddy mccourts
    alan mcgregor
    it's paddy mccourts

the lassie said no
    the lassie said no
    alan mcgregor,
    we know she said no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

the baby's not yours
    the baby's not yours, alan mcgregor, the baby's not yours

it's paddy mccourts,
    its paddy mccourts
    alan mcgregor
    it's paddy mccourts

About 1:10 in!

• Advertisement

Involved in far more on and off the pitch controversies than the likes of Lennon, McGeady and Boruc but doesn't seem to get the "special" treatment that those three were singled out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The man is a scumbag!! id say he is really gonna regret what he done at the weekend!!

I know he's an absolute scumbag, but just look at some of the tactics which have been brought in by their esteemed manager, Walter Smith who's defended the absolute cheater Kyle Lafferty, and the perennial cheater that is their assistant manager Ally McCoist, who has in the past defended the scumbag that is Thierry Henry not to mention his cheating on his wife too.

It makes you think that they've brought this into their players games to cheat a little bit here and there, I do like a lot of the Rangers squad, namely Davey Weir, Buggy and Kirk Broadfoot it does seem that these players come far too infrequently in the Rangers squad, I do hope McGregor does get a ban for this, he's proven he's a classless person far too often in his career, no doubting he's a quality goalkeeper, by far the best in the league undoubtedly but he's just a pure scumbag, he could easily play in a top side if he changed his attitude, unfortunately I don't think he'll do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Hadn't seen this til now, that is shocking. He deserves a long ban for that kind of crap.

Did the Hibs guy get sent off or what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Stevecw wrote: »
    Hadn't seen this til now, that is shocking. He deserves a long ban for that kind of crap.

No, he was booked iirc

One player from each team was sent off later in a different incident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Stevecw wrote: »

Both of them got yellow card's.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

I wonder do they practise those moves down Ibrox way?

2mg8kt4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

.............and he was sh*te in Star Wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

tinfoil_hat.jpg

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

ahhh the old Kyle Laugh-erty duck & roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

TopBombing wrote: »
    Both of them got yellow card's.

Very undeserved yellow for Riordan so. He just stood there! Probably will end up missing a match in a few weeks due to a few yellows, including this!

Eirebear wrote: »
    tinfoil_hat.jpg

;)

Mate, I know you're a decent fella but you should be discussing what he did not posting innane pics like that.

McGregor cheats far more than most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Mate, I know you're a decent fella but you should be discussing what he did not posting innane pics like that.

McGregor cheats far more than most.

To be honest, the discussion isnt exactly overwhelming in this thread is it?
    You posted a youtube video of celtic fans singing about McGregor....hardly awe inspiring stuff dude.

As for McGregor, hes an idiot, we all know that. As to wether he cheats "More than most", i disagree. He gets himself caught up in stupid and petty arguments, and his off field antics are well documented. But a serial cheat? I dont see it.

Advertisement