Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Music Scene

Options
  • 24-08-2010 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello Cork people!

Im moving to Cork from Donegal in a few weeks and i just wanted to know what the music scene is like in Cork, meeting other musicians etc....

What pubs/venues are good for live music and what are the clubs like down there!

Cheeers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Yermanla

It depends on what kind of music you're into.

If you're an amateur/semi pro classical musician you might be interested in getting in touch with the Cork Symphony Orchestra, or putting up a notic in the Cork School of Music.

If you like Jazz There's a monthly late-night jazz jam session in the crane lane and a great gypsy-swing band playing live in the Pavilion every sunday from 5.30 for free!

For trad music check out pubs such as the corner house on coburg street, or the spailpin fanach on south main street.

For rock.....i'm no expert, but the slate on tuckey street has many free late night loud gigs, as well as the hardcore fred zepplin's, and the cruscín lán on douglas street do a good few rock/alternative gigs.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

a buddy of mine started a group on facebook. There are about 40 or so members at the moment so it might be worth a try. Search for Musicians of Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Yermanla pretty much covered what I what going post so I'll just add that you can use this forum to look for prospective band members.

Advertisement