Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Racing

Options
  • 24-08-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi allAm going to shelbourne park on saturday night for a freinds charity night,and i a have a couple of (possiably very stupid ) questions.Am farmilar with reading form in horse racing but never got into the dog's so any help is much appreicated.The main one is are all greyhound tracks the same size ie. is there a large difference between courses? looking over race card's to try and get farmilar with them and was wondering is the lap time a good indacator?Also any websites with cards or detailed form analys would be welcome.Thank's in advance.p.s. any tips are also very welcom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

Thanks goldcupfav

Makes things a little bit clearer.

does anyone know about the courses , would a dog who had a good run at harolds cross preform well in shelbourne?

Am guessing its simlar to horse racing as in if a dog runs well on x surface in y conditions and beat z dog it should preform simlary.
    Would that be correct or am i miles off?

Sorry for all the questions but like to undr stand what i'm betting on and not just randomly picking names. Am gonna post what i pick on fri never know might have beginners luck.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

almat1981 wrote: »
    Thanks goldcupfav

Makes things a little bit clearer.

does anyone know about the courses , would a dog who had a good run at harolds cross preform well in shelbourne?

Am guessing its simlar to horse racing as in if a dog runs well on x surface in y conditions and beat z dog it should preform simlary.
    Would that be correct or am i miles off?

Sorry for all the questions but like to undr stand what i'm betting on and not just randomly picking names. Am gonna post what i pick on fri never know might have beginners luck.:)

The Derby heats are on Saturday night so all the dogs running in them will have experience of running at Shelbourne. Course form aint as important as in horse racing so i wouldnt worry to much about that. There will be a few short price fav's in the Derby heats so make sure and not get your fingers burned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

anyone fancy anything bar the fav in the derby?i've backed Krug Ninety Five at 14/1 e/w,also did a rfc with the fav,will need a bit of trouble at the first bend,stranger things have happened,

Advertisement