Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB/Imagine going down every night

• 24-08-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this - my Irishbroadband DSL package has gone down every night for the last week, usually about 9pm and doesnt come back until the next morning (or possibly very early hours, dont know). Emailed their support but no reply yet, but im wondering if im alone with this. Im in D14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

mine seems fine. what area are you in?

While mine is fine now it can be problematic from time to time. Id switch to UPC but I hear they are terriable out my way also.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Sandyford. Havent had any problems in 3 years with them, but since last week like clockwork, 9-10pm bam, off it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

ISP reliability varies I for example have UPC and its bullet proof, 2 of my friends have the same upc package and swear blind at the quality.

Wireless by nature is far less reliable then any cable mediums such as DSL and Fiber. WiMax really is for last mile customers or customer with no other alternative, although they will sell to anyone who wants to buy.

I have supported fixed and mobile WiMax devices for years, if you have a serious issue and there are alternatives switch to a fixed line provider, this is what I used to recommend to any people who had constant hassle with their WiMax connections. Dont forget to tell them you want to uninstall due to poor performance and ask for a credit for lost service time.

Advertisement