Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q for people who accepted their CAO offer?

• 24-08-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Were ye contacted by the college/university (that youve accpted) and given any info?

I accepted UL and was given any info or anything! Plus Ive to register there on Sunday!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Swizz wrote: »
    Were ye contacted by the college/university (that youve accpted) and given any info?

I accepted UL and was given any info or anything! Plus Ive to register there on Sunday!

You'll probably get something tomorrow or Thursday, it takes time for post to arrive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Guest11

I got info on UCD in the post today already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Got an email today from NUIG telling me my registration pack was in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I didn't hear anything from UL either so I'm really hoping something comes in the post tomorrow because I'm kinda confused as to what I'm supposed to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Id say look on the website for whatever college you applied for. Most will have info on there about registration.
    Most of the colleges will be sending out information packs anyway so relax a while. They will need to send you the forms on how to get the registration giro from the bank, where to go to pick up a timetable... *or they'll post u a copy, orientation day... and you will need to sign the college registrar as well.

SO dont worry if you havent heard anything yet. Twil take em a while and theres a few weeks to go before the new term kicks off.

UL's info page on important dates are here to give you an idea...

http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/201553623.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Just got a text from UL there: info is available at www.ul.ie/orientation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

I'm so impatient, I was expecting to receive my registration pack today from ITB. I hope I get it this week.

When does college usually start up by the way? I hope I don't have to wait too much longer, I'm actually bored stiff being on my holidays now. I'm out with my friends all the time but I think we're all getting a bit sick of seeing each other every single day for the past two months, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

They used to start up round the beginning of october but everyone i know starting a course this year is looking at going back mid september.
    Relax... the package will come that will explain everything to you. It is a big step, but everyone is in the same boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

accepted my UCD course last night, got a package in the post from them this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

Ive heard nothing from Pats but we dont have to register til the 21st so alls good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

Ive heard nothing from Pats but we dont have to register til the 21st so alls good!

Hey just wondering how did you find out that we have to register on the 21st because i haven't a clue haha. I have to go in on the 9th and 10th as part of the HEAR programme but does it mean that after i don't go in till the 21st? As i said before i haven't a clue haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

haveint got anything from cit yet only a letter from disability support officer because i have dyslexia do not no where she found that out from

for a opeing tour day next friday and i dont wont to got to it because it shows how to use a computer i am going studying them why do i wont to lorn how to send a email in the 1st place

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

Has anybody heard anything from UCC?

Grace16 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering how did you find out that we have to register on the 21st because i haven't a clue haha. I have to go in on the 8th and 9th as part of the HEAR programme but does it mean that after i don't go in till the 21st? As i said before i haven't a clue haha

Forget the date about the 21st! I'm so thick, I just realised that the academic calnder I was looking at is from 2007! haaaa:D

Forget the date about the 21st! I'm so thick, I just realised that the academic calnder I was looking at is from 2007! haaaa:D

Haha it's grand i'm always getting dates wrong. Just looking forward to getting the info in so i know when everything's starting.

Haha it's grand i'm always getting dates wrong. Just looking forward to getting the info in so i know when everything's starting.

yeah me too! did you for campus accommodation?

yeah me too! did you for campus accommodation?

No i actually only live like 10 minutes away on the bus. Did you?

No i actually only live like 10 minutes away on the bus. Did you?

Yeah but as a back up ive found 2 or 3 people to share with so its grand either way. Handy for you though!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=212661

if you look at the right hand side theres a link to the draft of the 2010-2011 acedemic calender!

Yeah but as a back up ive found 2 or 3 people to share with so its grand either way. Handy for you though!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=212661

if you look at the right hand side theres a link to the draft of the 2010-2011 acedemic calender!

Yeah it's a good idea to have a back up and i know it's really handy being so close to it. Thanks so much for that link it's going to be a great help!

Yeah it's a good idea to have a back up and i know it's really handy being so close to it. Thanks so much for that link it's going to be a great help!

No worries! you studying B.A or B.ED by the way??

• Advertisement

No worries! you studying B.A or B.ED by the way??

The B.ED what about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

i havent heard anything from DKIT, but i know we're not starting till the 13th.
    And I rang them yesterday to see did they send out the registration stuff and they said they havent done them up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Has anybody heard anything from UCC?

Nope. Expect it to arrive on Monday.
    Thats when my friends who went to UCC got theirs last year, one week after the CAO was out, so expect it Monday.

UCC FTW!!!!:p

The B.ED what about you?

B.A, no one else seems to be doing my course!! haha

B.A, no one else seems to be doing my course!! haha

Really? That was actually my 3rd choice if i didn't get Primary teaching

Really? That was actually my 3rd choice if i didn't get Primary teaching

yeah! Ive had no mention of it on boards.ie apart from one and a thread i started

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I got some details from WIT in the post yesterday. I start on the 7th, I thought it was a bit early.

Advertisement