Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how is this possible?

• 24-08-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

ok, i wanted to do psycologhy in iadt, i got 380 and the points for the course last year was 310. now the course is 385! a 75 point jump! how could this happen?
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

mellowmeg wrote: »
    ok, i wanted to do psycologhy in iadt, i got 380 and the points for the course last year was 310. now the course is 385! a 75 point jump! how could this happen?
    :confused:
    Points relate to the demand for courses and the amount of places available. Either a load more people applied for the course who had higher points than you, or else the college reduced the amount of people it will take in this year. Waiting for the second round offer to see if it drops is the only thing you can do I'm afraid, or if you think you should have got a higher grade in a paper to bring you up an extra 5 or 10 points it'd be worth viewing your scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Guess there was an increase in demand....75 is nothing compared to the 200 points jump seen in engineering innovation-electronic in nuig!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Supply and demand, happens all over the place.

dairy Business UCD, up by 40 points.

Primary Teaching CoI college - down by 65 points . ..

Advertisement