Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mcsa or mcitp

Options
  • 24-08-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I am looking into doing an MCSA course and was wondering wethre its better to start with the mcsa for server 2003 or just do the mcitp(server 2008). I have a support backgrounf with some active directory experience.

Any Advise, much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Enter Username

Hi Finch,

I would suggest going for the MCIPT. I was asking the same question in February 2009 when I was starting the Microsoft Certification track and was advised to go for 2008 even then.

If you spend the next 12 -18 months getting MSCA certified you will find yourself having to then go for the upgrade path.

Also @ this point any organisation installing or upgrading their IT system will be going for 2008 not 2003.

I went for the MCTS Server Admin track plus the Exchange 2007 certification and am just due to sit the final exam next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Do the MCITP many things that you will cover can be applied to a Server 2003 machine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yes and No, the idea is the same, the logic behind what you are doing is the same. But 2003 and 2008 have different ways of doing things. Each with there own nuances.

Stick with 2008, no point in getting certified on old(er) systems.

Advertisement