Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points drop for round 2

• 24-08-2010 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hey guys,

Just wondering is a 10 point drop in round 2 in a course possible? I got 10 points off what I needed and I realy want my higher choice,do you think I could get it in round 2 or 3??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

It is possible but it all depends on what the people who've been offered the course do. If they defer or decline it, it'll open up spaces. Depending on how many spaces are free, it could drop by 5, 10, 15 points, but theres no way of knowing til the second round offer. Have a back up plan in case it doesn't drop. If this course was your number 1 and you were offered your number 2, you can accept your number 2 and still be offered number 1 in the next round, if you'd be happy with doing your second choice. Be prepared for changing your accommodation plans/start date if you do end up getting a different course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pheima

Thanks Iam really hoping I make it in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Its possible. Architecture in UCD went down by 25 points last year . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pheima

Thanks so much for that:) i'll actaully be crushed if I don't get it, like I got in the 500's and not getting what you want with that seems so unfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hope for the best but expect the worst

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Only 5 points off a course I want on my list, hopefully I get it in round 2.

Advertisement