Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat meowing at door?!

Options
  • 24-08-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I have 2 beautiful tabbys at home, Rocky and Balu. Balu has a strange quirk where he will wail at a closed door?! If someone is on the other side....oh boy- be prepared for an earful! Does any other cat owners here have a furry friend who exhibits this kind of behaviour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

yea all my little fellows do this, and as soon as i open the door they stop. I always just assumed it was there way of saying let me in/out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

bit like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rb8aOzy9t4 i think its every cat owners probelm except mine will do all that i open the door and then she just sits there wont come in close it and its a repeat this happens a few times before she comes in!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

It's just so strange. Then when I get in a panic and think there is something wrong and actually open the door, he just sits there looking at me with an expression of "where the f**k were you?!" and will then walk off.

It's just so strange. Then when I get in a panic and think there is something wrong and actually open the door, he just sits there looking at me with an expression of "where the f**k were you?!" and will then walk off.

maybe a catflap that way he can come in and out without meowing cant promise it will work but it may?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

sophie1234 wrote: »
    maybe a catflap that way he can come in and out without meowing cant promise it will work but it may?

You see I would understand if it was the outside doors...but these are doors like into the laundry room or bathroom! Very strange feline.

• Advertisement

You see I would understand if it was the outside doors...but these are doors like into the laundry room or bathroom! Very strange feline.

oh i didnt relise it was inside well he prob just wants to go for a snoop !!

Advertisement