Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensed milk

Options
  • 24-08-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

I adore this, ideas for recipes? I eat it out of the tin usually, mad but true!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

You cant beat a banoffee pie!!! Nom Nom Nom!!!

Boil the condensed milk for 4 hours to make toffee

Digestive biscuits crushed and a bit of butter mixed through so it sticks together in the bottom of a tin - pop in the fridge to set, banana sliced on top of the biscuit, then the toffee (stops the banana going brown) and whipped cream and chocolate shavings/crushed flake bar...... wowzers!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philadelphia3/page?siteid=philadelphia3-prd&locale=uken1&PagecRef=609&rid=9291

when i made this all i could really taste was condensed milk so u will probably like it! it's very good with tart fruits like raspberries as it really is very sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

The Carnation website has loads of recipes. However, I usually buy the Longevity brand from the Asian stores, as it's just as good, cheaper, and has a cool picture of Pei-Mei on the front :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

The Carnation website has loads of recipes. However, I usually buy the Longevity brand from the Asian stores, as it's just as good, cheaper, and has a cool picture of Pei-Mei on the front :D

haha brilliant. I'll give this a go some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

and isn't made by Nestle afaik

• Advertisement
Advertisement