Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for working with children. Reply asap. I am panicking!

Options
  • 24-08-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys,
    I applied for a visa for oz and want to work with children so have to pay an extra 15euro. I just found out that this visa takes longer to process. DOES ANY1 KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES??
    My boyfriend has booked his flights for the 22nd september. USIT is holding these flights for me too but if my visa isn't back i can't go!! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I am confused.

I have not heard of this being as an attachment to the WHV. I dont know of restrictions on people with a WHV not being able to work with children.

If you work with children here you need a working with Children card witch I think is a state thing not a national thing.

What I would get ASAP is a garda check on yourself as it would be most handy to have one if any body wanted one. If you work with Kids in Ireland I assume you have something like it?

Yeah Im really confused, but dont worry somebody must know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

This was posted a few weeks ago in another thread, when you intend on working with Children on a 417 you require X-Ray & medicals this can slow down the processing. Have you had your X-Rays & medicals yet Efaol89?

Note: Some health requirements such as x-rays can take several weeks to be processed—please take this delay into consideration when planning your travels. You should not make arrangements to travel to Australia until you are advised that your visa has been granted.

Check this thread out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67389599

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Efaol89

Okay problem is now solved temporarily thanks for yer help.
    They told me i can get the normal visa for now and change it when i'm over there to allow me to work with children so all's good.
    I was unsure what exactly the medical required and went to my doc who just gave me a letter saying i was in good health. Now i realise i need xrays etc which i can do in oz, hopefully wont be too expensive.
    The problem with a garda clearance is that only when you actually have been offered the job can your employer apply for a garda clearance for you. However i was able to a cert of character which is basically the same thing except it's free.
    Thanks for the help guys and gals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Efaol89 wrote: »
    Okay problem is now solved temporarily thanks for yer help.
    They told me i can get the normal visa for now and change it when i'm over there to allow me to work with children so all's good.
    I was unsure what exactly the medical required and went to my doc who just gave me a letter saying i was in good health. Now i realise i need xrays etc which i can do in oz, hopefully wont be too expensive.
    The problem with a garda clearance is that only when you actually have been offered the job can your employer apply for a garda clearance for you. However i was able to a cert of character which is basically the same thing except it's free.
    Thanks for the help guys and gals :)

The medical can only be done with a few named doctors - the list is here. There used to be a good few on the list, from across the country but looks like they've cut that. The medical tends to be expensive, when I did it just over a year ago, the medical and Xray cost about €300 altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Get the medical when you get here. It's a fairly straightforward process then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

€300 is a Joke thats like $430

I paid $271 for Full medical, Blood Test & X-Ray at HSA last year for my PR, just lchecked the receipt there now.

HSA is now Medibank Health Solutions

Level 4, 1 Wentworth Street
    Parramatta NSW 2124.

btw ....Immigration office is 9 Wentworth street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

HSA have premises in Surry Hills too though.

Advertisement